3D images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D images

I don't know if anyone noticed but I got myself a Fuji W3 3D camera for Christmas. Fuji actually discontinued them in May and Amazon had an excellent deal in their sale (£89.99 delivered) which overcame my previous reservations quite nicely. It's not that bad a deal just for the glasses-free 3D rear screen, plus it shoots 720p 3D movies too. (There are assorted down-sides due to the small sensors, but hey, change from 90 quid...)

Anyway, this is a Canon forum so the reason for my post is I'm sharing one of today's discoveries as I work out what I can and can not do with it... That is the completely excellent free program Stereo Photo Maker, which enables all sorts of wonderful things to be done with Stereo photographs.

Why am I mentioning it here, well there's nothing stopping anyone who wants a play, and perhaps has a 3D TV, to make 3D photos from pairs of images shot with the Canon camera of your choice - just move it 70mm or so to the side between taking two images on a low-movement subject (note the software is great at sorting out alignment errors)...

So here's the link in case anyone wants a play: http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/

If anyone does have a play and wants some tips do feel free to ask. The quick way to start is "File"->"Open Left/Right Images"; multi-select left/right JPEGs; "Adjust"->"Auto Alignment"; then save as an MPO for a 3D TV that supports them, or "Stereo"->"Colour Anaglyph" to make an image for coloured glasses.

Oh, and a Very Happy New Year to everyone...

John

P.S. or use two cameras at once... http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/twincams/twincams.htm

P.P.S. while the web-site says "Windows versions up to Vista" I'm running it on 64-bit Windows 7 just fine. (I was using version 4.34 but a newer version, 4.43a, came out three days ago, that also seems fine so far.)
    Last edited by DrJon; 05-01-2014, 23:01. Reason: Added postscripts

Re: 3D images

A bit beyond me John. I already feel faintish and am reaching for my glass that cheers! Thanks for the post anyway.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
    X