Adobe Creative Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adobe Creative Cloud

Any subscribers to the Adobe Creative Cloud.. I'm considering paying for the LR and PS CC subscription [£8.78 pcm] for the year and interested in any feedback.

[apologies if this has already been discussed did not spot it at first glance]
    www.markwalkerphotography.co.uk

Re: Adobe Creative Cloud

If you're contemplating a stand-alone licence for Lightroom and/or Elements, then I think it's a bargain.

There's no telling what will happen to pricing after the initial promotional period, but for now all the extra niceties such as the perspective-warp tool (which is stunning) are available to you immediately they're upgraded without waiting for the next update/upgrade which you would normally have to pay for.

There's a steep learning curve if you've not used Photoshop previously, but overall I think CC For Photographers is great value!
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I don't like the new model but at this price it was hard to refuse - and that's even considering I had already bought LR4 and upgraded to LR5 and I still eventually paid for CC because I needed photoshop.
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

I have subscribed to it. Been using it for a few months now. It's good. The cloud system I never use or the social network they offer either. I'ts not bad cause you get frequent updates to photoshop.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Hard to argue with any of the points so far.
          Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

I currently have Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS5.1 on my MAC. However, my MAC is starting to play 'go slow' in the last few months [recon it must be an apple s/w update, I've plenty of memory and its only 2.5 years old! grrrr but that's another storey] so for that reason I'm tempted to move back to the PC.

Instead of buying LR5 (was not sure what to do about PS) for the first year at least, I thought the CC looked a good option.

Comment

I signed up for CC in September and photoshop was on it's own for £17.58 pcm and I got Lightroom 5 with my 5Dmk3 but I think I am committed to 12 months so £8.78 is not an option unless someone knows better

Alan

Comment

I read that the cheap subscription is only for the first 12 months so beware, next year you may well have a considerable price hike.
                --
                Colin
                http://fotos-espana.com
                http://macameraclub.com
                http://turnspain.com

Comment

Colin, thats my biggest concern, its only got to double in price to say £18 and I'd rather just own the s/w

Have to say though, I watched a CC demo on Adobe Youtube channel last night and it does look impressive. If I was a pro I would not think twice about a subscription.

Comment

They've only guaranteed the price for 12 months, but have made it pretty clear their intention is for it to be a long-term deal. It would be disastrous for them in terms of reputation to double the price.

As it is, it's pretty good value. I found myself forking out to upgrade every other version or so of PS, and pretty much every version of LR. This is a pretty good deal in comparison, brilliant in the sense that you get upgrades all the time, some of them great new features (albeit most of no great benefit to me personally), and ACR keeps up to date.

Oh, and technically you never own software, merely a licence for it's use.
                    Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

Usually with these sort of things if a company starts to see a lot of people cancelling because they have increased the price considerably or doubled the price then you will probably find some sort of retention team contacting those cancelling and offering a further "special offer". If not, then its their loss as will go back to using the PS Elements I have or updating when special offers on it only.
                      Andy
                      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                        However, my MAC is starting to play 'go slow' in the last few months [recon it must be an apple s/w update, I've plenty of memory and its only 2.5 years old! grrrr but that's another storey] so for that reason I'm tempted to move back to the PC.
                        My 2010 iMac still starts/stops/runs the same as the day I got it.
                        Might be worth getting your mac looked at as you may have a faulty memory module or other issue.
                        Andy
                        Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

my MAC is starting to play 'go slow' in the last few months
                          iMac

24-inch, Early 2008

Processor
                          3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB

Serial No
                          Vmxxxxxxxx

Software OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Mine still runs as good as when it was new and even though I am looking for an excuse to update to one of the newer versions, I just can't justify it to myself.
                          Colin

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
                            Colin, thats my biggest concern, its only got to double in price to say £18 and I'd rather just own the s/w

Have to say though, I watched a CC demo on Adobe Youtube channel last night and it does look impressive. If I was a pro I would not think twice about a subscription.
                            That is also an concern for my. And what kind of internetconnection you must have, to work with the cloud and the photo's you have to process. Without any delay in what you do?
                            With kind regards,
                            Friso

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 | Canon EFS 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6mm IS STM | Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 |

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128548396@N08/

Comment

Originally posted by Fr1so View Post
                              That is also an concern for my. And what kind of internetconnection you must have, to work with the cloud and the photo's you have to process. Without any delay in what you do?
                              I save my files locally and the program runs locally as well. Whilst it's called creative cloud, you don't have to use the cloud.
                              Andy
                              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
                              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
                              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Working...
                              X