Setting 'Owner's Name' in a Canon DSLR using EOS Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting 'Owner's Name' in a Canon DSLR using EOS Utility

I know most of you will know this, but for those that don't, this is the method to set/change your name (as it appears in Exif data) on your DSLR.

First you need to have EOS Utility (comes on the disk supplied with camera).
    Connect your camera to computer via USB lead.

On opening EOS Utility, you should see this menu (this on a Mac, Windows is the same/similar)

Select the Menu option ' Camera Settings/Remote shooting'

The second screen should look something like this

Select the 'set-up' option.

You can then enter/change your name.

Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Re: Setting 'Owner's Name' in a Canon DSLR using EOS Utility

Cheers Les..
    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Re: Setting 'Owner's Name' in a Canon DSLR using EOS Utility

Sorry Les just seen this after i replied to one of your comments,
      I'm working on it now many thanks.

Paul

ALL DONE AND NAME CHANGED.
      Last edited by paul linton; 10-02-2014, 10:13.
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Working...
      X