Solutions Disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solutions Disc

I have just converted to Apple i-mac and I cannot load solution software version 20.
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thank you,
    Mayfly

Re: Solutions Disc

Hello mayfly; welcome to the forum...

A tad more information might help us provide some assistance here!

Is the drive reading the CD ?

What error message do you get - or - what is happening when you put the CD in the drive?
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

First thoughts are that it should be ok, as it is PC and Mac compliant. As CF suggested, more info please.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

Thank you for your quick responses, when I insert the disc a window appeared stating " The disc you inserted was not readable by this computer". I then tried the disc in my laptop (vista) and it loaded fine.

Thanks Mayfly

Comment

Originally posted by mayfly View Post
          Thank you for your quick responses, when I insert the disc a window appeared stating " The disc you inserted was not readable by this computer". I then tried the disc in my laptop (vista) and it loaded fine.

Thanks Mayfly
          In which case; since the Mac is a new m/c - I'd take it right back for the shop to replace or fix!

If your laptop reads the CD, there's no reason why the Mac won't...

Good luck...
          Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I have just tried my solutions disc from my Power Shot SX200 and it has loaded OK, so does that mean the disc is faulty? I will contact Apple with this problem.

Thanks again for your help.

mayfly

Comment

Mmmmm - not sure about that; no logic as to why the Mac might read one disc and not another, if the other is readable elsewhere... anyhow...

A solution; as long as there is one Solutions Disc installed, you can upgrade online; so install the Solutions Disc from your PowerShot, and then download and install the updates one by one...

- Start here; http://software.canon-europe.com/
              - Select your DSLR
              - Select Opsys & Language
              - Then run down the list & select which you want...

Then, at least, you'll be bang up to date...

Hope that helps...

Comment

Thank you Canon-Fodder I will try that. I spoke to Apple and they said the Optical Reader could be different to the PC reader.
                I have been in touch with camera supplier and they are going to send me another disc.

Thanks again for your help.

mayfly.

Comment

Working...
                X