Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

few questions about lr5

Hi Guys
    I've finally invested in a new laptop and lr5, previously I had only been using canons dpp which when finished pp on a photo I would convert a raw file to j peg when I wanted to post online or to store on an external storage devise .My question is how do I convert a raw file to j peg on lr5 ?and do I really need to convert to j peg when adding to a storage devise ive played around with a few images and exported them back to the file and managed to upload to flickr (it took a while to work that out) can anyone advise on a good online tutorial on lr 5? hope this makes sense
    regards Dave

Re: few questions about lr5

Here is a link to the Adobe tutorial for exporting images rom Lightroom.

Hope it helps

Master the Export options in Lightroom to quickly automate the creation of multiple files for a variety of different output scenarios.Subscribe to Adobe Phot...

Comment

many thanks mate i'll get on to that straight away

Comment

Dave here's a wee tip that sorted me right out.

Use EOS Utility to import your images. It'll sort them nicely in date order. When you import in LR just pick the folder that house the imported images, and choose import from current location. It means a more rapid import to LR because the images are already on the PC. LR will automatically pick out the RAW files from the folder you select so don't worry about that.

I have a folder on my C Drive called "EOS Util Imports"
        I then have another folder stack called Exports. This has folders in it called

LR Exports
        DPP Exports
        Photoshop Exports
        Watermarked Images

It just all makes for such a cleaner and more manageable folder directory. You can do it you're own way but that's how I ended up using it after just importing from camera straight to LR and then having sore heads when the catalogue files got corrupted in LR.
        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
        www.campsie.photography

Comment

Many thanks Paul I'm going to use your method it certainly sounds very organised

Comment

[ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your question, but here's my answer for what I think you asked...

If you do File->Export on an image (in Library, Develop, whatever) you get a dialogue. You can then set export options for JPEG, directory, etc. in that dialogue (scroll down). Then instead of exporting do "Add" in the lower left and make a preset for that, give it a sensible name (e.g. "JPEG_subdir_q60" is one of mine) then exit the dialogue. After that you can then select a big bunch of files (e.g. along the bottom in Develop, in Library, etc.) with shift and ctrl clicking, hit the Right Mouse Button on one of the selected files then choose Export->Your Preset from the menu and it'll do the lot. (You might want to apply a set of Develop settings to them first though, which you can also use a Preset for, or do one of the pics the way you want and copy/paste the settings to the rest, or even do them individually.) Was that what you meant?

For general LR5 tutorials I wrote this a couple of days ago in answer to another question, but might be helpful:

Now Canon is providing Lightroom with some cameras they also provide a number of video tutorials:

Others are available such as:
              Isn’t it finally time to master Lightroom? With my video training you can and will. Up-to-Date through Lightroom Classic version 10.4!I will be on sabbatical starting September 1, 2021. I won't be updating this series while I'm out, but you'll still find it VERY HIGHLY

However I would also suggest watching Tony Northrup's videos (at 1080p, if you can) as he (or his other half) use Lightroom to tweak images sent to them for review and it's interesting to see what/how they do it. They are generally very sensible, well okay perhaps I should say they think a lot like me, which isn't quite the same thing, e.g.
              http://squarespace.com/tony, coupon code 'photonews' for 10% offSUBSCRIBE and like http://fb.com/NorthrupPhotographyBuy the #1 book with 14+ HOURS of video o...

John
              Last edited by DrJon; 03-04-2014, 08:57.

Comment

Thanks John ,that helps quite a bit

Comment

Working...
                X