Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7d raw files and CS3

Hi All

Having just purchased a 7d I've just realised that CS3 won't handle the raw files produced by the 7d. I've upgraded from a 40d (kept the body as a back-up) and the raw files from the 40d work fine with CS3.

I'm not aware of Adobe produciing a patch for CS3 such that it can read the 7d raw files. Does anyone have a view on my options ? I believe CS4 will handle 7d raw files or am I mistaken ? Equally I believe I can use the Canon supplied software to convert to TIFF/DNG and then import in to CS3 ???? (Is there any loss of qualtyin this approach?).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: 7d raw files and CS3

DNG conversion is your best bet, and no loss in quality.

Papa.

Comment

Many thanks for your response Papathanassi.

Comment

Originally posted by GCFarrow View Post
        Equally I believe I can use the Canon supplied software to convert to TIFF/DNG and then import in to CS3 ???? (Is there any loss of qualtyin this approach?).
        No loss of quality - and IMHO - DPP does a better job at the RAW conversion than Adobe anyway!
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Thanks Canon-Fodder! Feel more comfortable about sticking wiith CS3 using this route.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X