LightZone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LightZone

Ok, I'm new to all this software and photography.

I looked online for an open source editor and came across LightZone. To be honest I can't really afford Photoshop or justify spending the money on Lightroom at the moment.

Does anyone else use LightZone? Is there any reason why people don't? I can only see one mention of it in my search in this forum....

Please give some pros and cons to help me understand more.

Thanks.

Re: LightZone

Haven't any experience on this one, but they tend to be quite basic, just covering the essentials.

However, although many of us have Photoshop, most of us don't need it and the slightly cutdown version Photoshop Elements is what we need. Although the very latest versions are a little costly, earlier versions are quite inexpensive and some are free, bundled with other items.

I have just done a quick search on a well known auction site with the following results:

Elements 6 £12
    Elements 11 £34
    Elements 12 £56

The beauty of having Elements is that it has everything you need and more importantly, what and how you learn is the same for all versions of Elements and pretty much the same for Photoshop CS. Therefore any upgrade is only a small learning curve, rather than a complete change to what you have already had to learn.

Hope that helps.
    Colin

Comment

I use Canon's DPP which comes free with the camera.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

I can recommend GNU image processing (gimp) I've only recently got Photoshop and used this until recently. Worth a try especially as its a totally free download and use programme. Go to Youtube to if you're interested in what it can do.

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
        X