Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom Adobe cloud?

Hi all,
    Having recently started shooting in RAW and using DPP, i have downloaded a trial from adobe for Lightroom and i am hooked on using this software.
    Now do i buy the software outright or is it worth paying the £8 something per month to use Adobe cloud Lightroom service, if going for the £8 month route, what are the benefits?

Many thanks
    Ian

Re: Lightroom Adobe cloud?

The benefits are that you get photoshop too :) I've been subscribed to that cloud thing for months now. It's great. Recently got PS CC 2014 without paying extra. If you don't need PS then it's a tough call what to do.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Adobe lightroom 5 will cost you around £97 and it will cost you £105 to get photoshop cc and lightroom 5 for 1 year
      Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by ianrmontague View Post
        Hi all,
        Having recently started shooting in RAW and using DPP, i have downloaded a trial from adobe for Lightroom and i am hooked on using this software.
        Now do i buy the software outright or is it worth paying the £8 something per month to use Adobe cloud Lightroom service, if going for the £8 month route, what are the benefits?

Many thanks
        Ian
        I did the same upgrade a couple of years back and also considered subscribing or just buying LR - I choose to buy LR as I didn't think I would use the vast amount of features that PS offered - Whilst I was pleased with my decision I have found LR to lack a few of the extra tools that PS have so I'm now looking at buying Elements to supplement this and I think with LR & Elements it will offer me most of the features on offer from PS but a lot cheaper
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I have been fortunate that the company I work for provide everything from Adobe for free on my company laptop. So I'd been using Photoshop for a few years. When the £8 deal came along I subscribed to that so I had it on my own laptop. I use Adobe Bridge CC as the photo browser and that launches PS (via ACR with RAW ... in which you can do quite a lot of things ... many more than the ACR that comes with Photoshop Elements). Don't have to worry about the Adobe Tax every time I change a camera and having to upgrade or go via DNG.

Comment

Cheers all for reply and info many thanks.
            Seems like a good call going monthly if you get photoshop as well, cheers for that info Paul

Ian

Comment

Working...
            X