Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightroom 5: "Create virtual copy for soft proofing"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom 5: "Create virtual copy for soft proofing"?

As I progress through my images setting their keywords I occasionally find one I feel worthy of being processed in the Develop module yet, when I start to make changes, a box pops up asking if I want to "Create a virtual copy for soft proofing" with options to 'Undo', 'Make This a Proof' or 'Create a Proof Copy' - something I've never seen before.

Setting keywords as I am gives me cause to suspect that I may have inadvertantly changed a setting as other strange things have happened that I've pinned down to my having started to type a keyword before selecting the input box with the initial letter acting as a shortcut.

So, could that have happened here and what do I do to reverse it?

Cheers,
    John

Re: Lightroom 5: "Create virtual copy for soft proofing"?

I'm not at my desk John so can't access LR - I'm guessing somehow you've ticked a box to always ask this, so I would guess under preferences theres a section on soft proofing ? and maybe that just needs unticking
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Thanks Ian, that put me on the right path as after I selected 'Reset all Settings' and restarted LR Develop was back to the way it had been .

Cheers,
      John

Comment

great news - result
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Working...
        X