Questions re Upgrading to Adobe CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions re Upgrading to Adobe CC

Last night I bit the bullet and decided to upgrade from CS5 and LR5 to Adobe CC. At the moment I have just taken PS & LR as it is really only Illustrator which is used by daughter for her College work so I might as well leave this at CS5 level on the PC which she uses.

My questions are for those of you who have been down this path....
    What do I need to be aware of?,
    what "gotchas" could bite me?,
    what should i make sure I have in place before I move over to CC? or,
    is it really "that simple" ?

I am still waiting for Adobe to complete the processing of my order.

Thanks
    David

Re: Questions re Upgrading to Adobe CC

Have you gone for the photographers monthly deal at £8.95 per month?

The only suggestion I would have is the same for any upgrade / change of system etc - ensure you BACKUP, and BACKUP your BACKUP before proceeding with updating.

I havent upgraded as I just purchased the CC deal straight away, but that would be standard advice - as at least then if anything goes wrong your should be able to "roll back" to your original and install back up.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Re: Questions re Upgrading to Adobe CC

Thanks Andy,
      Working in IT for far far tooooo many years I so fully endorse your backup, backup, backup comment So many people/companies just do not do this simple step before embarking on an upgrade.

I have just gone for the Photographers Package at this stage as I purchased the the whole bundle, all on CD's, of CS5 plus LR a couple of years ago, at education cost , however, only Illustrator is used from the package, apart from PS & LR which I use, so cannot see the benefit of the full CC even at education prices.
      David

Comment

Working...
      X