DPP 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP 4

Why, oh why have the HDR and Compositing tools been removed from DPP 4?Have Canon not paid the bill?

Re: DPP 4

I've not used DPP for years so can't help - maybe its a plugin download? have you checked the site?
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I use DPP 100% of the time but i just couldn't get along with DPP4 and went straight back to DPP3 which works a treat for me.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
        I use DPP 100% of the time but i just couldn't get along with DPP4 and went straight back to DPP3 which works a treat for me.

Paul
        I used DPP3 and when I upgraded my computer and went to windows 10 - I loaded DPP4.It worked at first but now when converting and saving - it just hangs and nothing happens

any advice

Hillel

Comment

I have both versions 3 and 4 on my pc as the files from my 550D won't open in version 4. Haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet but I occasionally have problems in DPP4 when working on an image it just hangs there doing nothing and the only option is to shut the programme down and start again.
          Maybe just use either version according to your needs but Canon need to improve version 4.

Kevin

Comment

I have DPP 3 installed on my iMac but cannot find how to upgrade to DPP 4. I'm located in Europe and registered with Canon. Help please?

Comment

Originally posted by Fergie View Post
              I have DPP 3 installed on my iMac but cannot find how to upgrade to DPP 4. I'm located in Europe and registered with Canon. Help please?
              There isn't an upgrade from DPP 3 to DPP 4. Instead, you download DPP 4 and can run it alongside DPP 3. Both can be run on the same computer at the same time. You can even have both open at the same time, if you wish.

Files from some EOS cameras only open with DPP 3, some only with DPP 4, a few with both. There are details of this on page 60 of the January-March 2016 issue of EOS magazine.

You can download DPP 4 by using the following link and selecting your camera.
              Download Drivers, Software and Manuals To access the content listed above and more, including Apps, Firmware, FAQ’s and Error Codes, please search for your product below or select from one of our pop ...
              Robert
              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                There isn't an upgrade from DPP 3 to DPP 4. Instead, you download DPP 4 and can run it alongside DPP 3. Both can be run on the same computer at the same time. You can even have both open at the same time, if you wish.

Files from some EOS cameras only open with DPP 3, some only with DPP 4, a few with both. There are details of this on page 60 of the January-March 2016 issue of EOS magazine.

You can download DPP 4 by using the following link and selecting your camera.
                http://www.canon.co.uk/support/
                Thank you for the the kind explanation and guidance. I have now managed to install DPP 4 and it works perfectly. I am most grateful for your assistance.

Comment

I am running the latest version on a recent iMac:- in Preferences the "Use Graphics Processor to speed up preview display" is shaded out.
                  Any idea why?

Comment

Originally posted by Bohpix View Post
                    I am running the latest version on a recent iMac:- in Preferences the "Use Graphics Processor to speed up preview display" is shaded out.
                    Any idea why?
                    Presumably the program has determined (rightly or wrongly) that the graphics processor is not up to the job.
                    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
                    X