DPP Updates don't show in Picture Manager or Elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP Updates don't show in Picture Manager or Elements

I have made changes to a batch of photos in DPP and whilst I see the changes in DPP, in Adobe Elements and Picture Manager they still appear in their original state. Can anyone please tell me what I am missing? Thanks.

Re: DPP Updates don't show in Picture Manager or Elements

Hello djp

Can I assume that you have shot in Raw and processed your shots. You will now need to convert them into Jpegs, or Tiffs.

Press Cntl + A (Cmd = A for a Mac) to highlight all of the shots. Click on the batch process icon (Top Right of the screen). The Batch Settings screen will appear, so hit the "Brouse" button and choose a folder to place the new files (or make a new folder). Once you are happy that you have the right folder and location, press "Execute".

Now go and make a cup of tea, or coffee, while things happen and in time your Jpgs, or Tiffs will appear in the new folder. Before closing DPP, or shutting down your computer, a legend will appear asking if you want to save, press "Save All" and the amended recipes for your RAW files will be saved.

Hope that helps.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Hello djp9999; Welcome to the forum...

How are you saving the changes you're making in DPP?

To open a changed RAW file in Elements, the file needs to be 'converted & saved' in DPP as a TIFF or JPEG... Then it will open in Elements with the changes you have applied.

If you simply try & open the changed RAW file in Elements, Elements will default to ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) and will not recognise the DPP changes. You will have to make changes anew using ACR's RAW processor instead!

Hope that helps...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Agree with all comments made so far.... RAW remains unchanged as a 'digital negative'
        www.garywhite-photography.com
        Gary White, MPhil
        Travel Photographer

Comment

Working...
        X