Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Adobe are giving me hell over CS3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Adobe are giving me hell over CS3!

Hi all - first post here.

Problem: Adobe refuse to give me copies of the Photoshop software discs unless I upgrade to CS5.

I have Adobe Photoshop CS2 and tthe CS3 upgrade. However, when our computers both had HDDs replaced I de-activated the software intending to re-install it late r- however, you've guessed it - I can't find the discs (lots of clearing out and shifting been going on recently).

However, I do have the Product Keys recorded separately and I have since managed to find the CS2 disc.

So I contacted Adobe but whatever I write to them they set the case to Withdrawn and copy/paste the same annoying response (which I can paste here if it's of use/interest).

The essence of their response is that they only give you the software as a download etc if it's the latest version. Grrrr - I didn't pay them hundreds of pounds for the physical media. They won't even provide their address to which the papers for a small claims case should be sent.

So I'm hoping that someone can help me with a copy of the CS3 upgrade disc so that I can get up and running again. If it helps I'm near Redditch in Worcs and happy to travel to you (a reasonable distance) or come to ome arrangement that won't leave anyone out of pocket. Not sure if my product key would work if the disc was the full product rather than the upgrade one?

PS I won't be buying Adobe software ever again.
    The irony is that I was considering an upgrade since what prompted me to get in touch with them in the first place was an article reviewing CS5 and that made me think it was time to accept that the discs were probably not going to turn up and I'd better do something about it. Sigh.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

Re: HELP! Adobe are giving me hell over CS3!

Hi Chris,
    Sorry to hear of your problems - typical response from the "large corporation" I'm afraid. Don't have a copy of CS3 but you could try a download here http://adobe-photoshop.brothersoft.c...e-photoshopcs3 and then use your Product Key - not sure if it'll work but its worth a try. HTH.

jhdee
    jhdee

Comment

That is not an isolated story regarding Adobe "Customer Services". The fact that customer is in their title should have given them the clue, but apparently not.

Do you ever wonder why, with their levels of service and the cost of their products, most copies in use aren't "Strictly Legal". I am starting to begrudge the cost of my annual Adobe Tax, especially when their much marketed new features do not live up to their promise.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

especially when their much marketed new features do not live up to their promise
        Are you saying that the content aware stuff don't work that well??? ;)

Comment

It's far too easily fooled Glenn.

On the simple stuff it copes, but as soon as you have something a little complicated, it goes to pot. Not worth the upgrade cost from CS4.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

I think you're right Colin. I've tried on quite a few photos now and the only one that work well was a small spot on the walkway in the B&W photo I posted for the beach comp. The others it has done an ok job but it still required a bit of clone or spot healing.

Comment

But you look at their promotional videos and it was pure magic!

Colin
              Colin

Comment

The joys of marketing hype.

Comment

God bless the Yanks, were would we be without junk food, tobacco, sub prime lending, Micheal Jackson, and overpriced software ?

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by jhdee View Post
                    Hi Chris,
                    Sorry to hear of your problems - typical response from the "large corporation" I'm afraid. Don't have a copy of CS3 but you could try a download here http://adobe-photoshop.brothersoft.c...e-photoshopcs3 and then use your Product Key - not sure if it'll work but its worth a try. HTH.

jhdee
                    JHDee - thanks!!! It worked!!!
                    The first time it installed there were errors but re-running does an "Install and/or Repair" type of install and it was successful the second time round. So...

I fired it up and entered the CS3 product key. It detects that it's for an upgrade version and asks me to select the product I'm upgrading from and then enter the product key for that product.

Once I'd done that it went to the registration page (I didn't since I'm already registered) and... it's done!

So many thanks again for your help JH - that's saved me a few quid and a lot of stress.

Actually in more ways than one - I won't be bothering with CS5 or any other Adobe software from now on - especially having read the less than positive comments here. To be honest Photoshop is stupidly expensive relative to the competition so perhaps it's time people voted with their wallets and got some competitive market forces to bear in this area.

Cheers, Chris

Comment

Glad to be of help

jhdee
                      jhdee

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                        God bless the Yanks, were would we be without junk food, tobacco, sub prime lending, Micheal Jackson, and overpriced software ?
                        Thin and happy I guess...

Comment

Working...
                        X