Rating not saved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rating not saved

I spent some time last night rating a folder of images from Tuesday's Battle of Britain event. To do this I used the quick review (Alt+Q) option in DPP (the most current version 3) and then tried to save the files. At this point I kept getting a message box saying 'Failed to save rating information' for almost every file. Once the save sequence was over lo and behold most of the files had indeed failed to save the rating though a few had - strange thing is all the raw files had saved the rating but only a tiny number of the JPEG had done the same, the rest failed... There also didn't seem to be any obvious logic as the few jpegs that did save were quite randomly dispersed.

I tried re-importing the files - no change. Re-imported to a different drive, no change. Tried rating the files in the main edit screen - no success. The only thing that seems to have worked is using the batch process option to save all the jpegs to a new folder and rate them there.

Anybody else ever encountered this? I tried looking at the file properties of one that had saved and one that hadn't but there seemed to be nothing different. Strange thing is I rated another bunch of files the night before with no issues - only difference there was those files came out the 40D while last night's batch were all 20D. Did look at some other 20D files and they seemed to rate and save OK...

Anyone got any ideas?
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Re: Rating not saved

sorry Sid can't help I don't use DPP
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

They weren't marked read only were they? Backup running at the same time? Windows building thumbnails or something else accessing the files?
      Tony.
      https://www.flickr.com/eightbittony

Comment

They were marked read only but taking that off made no difference, on top of that the ones out of my 40D were also rated read only but they didnt give any problems... Even went and checked that I hadn't somehow managed to protect/lock them all but they weren't.

The only other possibility could be that maybe the card was formatted for the 40D rather than the 20 - though i'm pretty sure I've used cards formatted for one camera in the other without issues before.

Looks like one to mark down as an oddity...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
        X