Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create an association in Windows 10 for Canon's ZoomBrowserEX

Hi all,
    I have a new desktop running windows 10 and when I try to email a photo from Zoom Browser EX a message pops up saying:

“There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Program control panel.”

I am using outlook.com as my email program and that’s sending and receiving emails OK.

I’ve gone to the Control panel, clicked Default Programs, clicked “Associate a file type or protocol with a program” and get a long list of extensions with a description that mean nothing to me and I don’t know what to do next. I was hoping to see a reference to the ZoomBrowserEx program but no such luck (I suppose that would be too easy!!)

In a nutshell, can anyone out there give a simple step by step guide on how to create the missing association so I can email out of ZoomBrowserEX via outlook.com in Windows 10. I’ve googled it without much success.

Thanks,
    Terry.

Re: How to create an association in Windows 10 for Canon's ZoomBrowserEX

Terry,

I think you are almost there!

I do not have Win 10 installed, but I think you should be able to follow these steps.

When in Default Programs, do not choose "Associate a file type", instead choose "Set your default programs". When you do this, after a short delay, you should see something like this:-

Capture01.JPG

if you then select Outlook from the list on the left, you should see something like this:-

Capture02.JPG

although in your case, I suspect it does not say "This program has all its defaults".

Click "Set this program as default" and then Outlook should then be the first port of call for any other program which wants to send an email.

[Usual caveats..I'm no expert....at your own risk etc. etc.]

Hope this helps
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Sounds like the association you need to make is for an email application. Assume you have one installed on your new machine?

If so click the Start button and then click settings, then click system (the top left icon with blue PC icon.

On the new panel select Default apps from the list on the left.

If there is no email app as default there will be a grey box with a black plus labelled 'choose a default'. Clcik this and select your email app from the list.
      Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

OK my bad just noticed you mentioned Outlook.com.

You need to click start then click the mail that's top right of the start panel. Once its opened you'll be able to add your Outlook.com account.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks very much for the replies John and antoeknee.

John: a very helpful posting which even I could easily follow! Unfortunately in my “set default programs” the list doesn’t include Outlook but does show Mail. When selected it does say “This program has all its defaults”. I did click “set this program as default” but I think it probably was already as nothing seemed to change.

Antoeknee: I went into the Default apps and my mail app is shown. When I click start, then Mail it shows my outlook.com account so I think that’s OK.

In the meantime what I have discovered is that I can email photos out of my Mail/outlook.com email program by selecting the photos I want to email in ZoomBrowserEX, exporting them (suitably reduced in size for emailing) to an easily recognizable folder (I’ve named it For Emailing). In Mail I then open a new email/click insert/click attach and that opens a new widow with a list of my folders where I can select the For Emailing folder, click the photos I want and they go into my new email all ready for sending. It sounds more complicated than it is in practice but it would be simpler if ZoombrowesrEX recognized my email program!!
          I don’t recall having this problem with my older computer running WindowsXP and outlook express – when I loaded the canon software it recognized outlook express.
          Anyway thanks again for the replies
          Terry.

Comment

Working...
          X