Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image Browser on an iMac

Reposted from the other thread on Macs.
    Just returned from a long trip away from home.
    However, when I went to open Image Browser X to upload my photos, a drop down informed me that IBX needed an upload which I did, as instructed. Now I cannot get IBX to open at all, beyond an 80% figure!!!!! As a result I have uploaded my trip photos onto an older laptop running W7 together with Zoom Browser, which I much preferred to IBX in any case!
    More importantly, at present I cannot access my 2015 photos, which were uploaded to the iMac throughout last year.
    Help anyone, please?
    Quentin

Re: Image Browser on an iMac

sorry can't help as I import all my finished images into Iphoto then use that to view / upload to flickr / FB

Have you tried using that and import directly into Iphoto
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

i still use aperture 3 to view and store all my pics ,although its no ;longer supported it still works fine for my needs anyway.
      your photos must be on the i.mac somewhere ,though to be honest i have never used or even heard of ibx

Comment

IBX was my shorthand for Imagebrowser EX, the software included on the Canon Solutions disc. As a result of my problems I have downloaded from Canon a completely new Solutions disc - and guess what, Imagebrowser still will not load beyond 80%!!!!! I think it is something to do with Silverlight, which appears to be a Microsoft prog., but cannot work out how to get a 'fresh' download of Silverlight.
        I despair of computers and software, pain in the a**e as far as I am concerned.
        Quentin

Comment

I don't use any Canon software so can't help - LR to import, Iphoto to store, view & upload to FB/Flickr so I don't need to install anything else
          :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Have just picked up this thread, as I seem to have exactly the same problem as Quentin (post 16 February) following an update. Image Browser EX imports from the card without difficulty but then tries to open the main programme, which freezes at 80%, which means I then have to force, quit. I deleted the programme and reloaded from disk but the problem was still there. I only use Image Browser for the download as I view and manage within Digital Photo Professional so for me it is just an irritation, but one I would prefer to do without. Any suggestions as to how to deal with this would be welcome, also, what other software options are there to manage the download? I tried the “photos” application bundled with “Yosemite” but this does not seem to be able to access the card (I use a 40D and 700D).

Tony

Comment

you could try obtaining aperture 3 from the app store ,its no longer supported but will work fine with both those cameras raw files

Comment

Working...
              X