Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom to PSE - grainy photos

Morning, I have a quick question.

I do most of my processing in Lightroom which is generally ok. However there are occasions when I want to tweak the photo in PSE as it has slightly better controls for some editing actions. However when I transfer fro Lightroom using the 'edit in PSE' option the photo looks very grainy/noisy making it difficult to do any editing as you can't see the effect properly. When you hand back to Lightroom as a psd file the photo looks ok!

Can anyone advise why this happens and what can I do?

Thanks

Guy
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/123741420@N06/

Re: Lightroom to PSE - grainy photos

Morning Guy
    Your processing sequence sounds similar to mine with majority of work on most images completed in LR.
    Thought I did have is to confirm that you are flattening image layers in PS and saving edits on closing image prior to it being returned to LR?
    This is all that I do for my pics and this doesn't result in noise or grain for me.
    Hope this helps but if not let me know and I'll try to think of something else.
    Neal

Comment

Neal,

Thanks for the reply. The photo only looks grainy when opened to edit in photoshop. When transfered bac into Lightroom as a psd it looks fine. It is as though the photo in photoshop is of low resolution. Not sure what's happening.

Guy
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/123741420@N06/

Comment

Evening Guy

Have just used my method and image appears good in both LR and PS.
        Wonder about this psd business as never save images using that format (my PCs is too short on memory!)
        Might that be the root of problem?
        I open raw image in LR, fine tune, then send to PS using 'edit-in' tab. Then close image from PS saving my edits and it re-appears in LR as high quality image.
        Just wonder how you move image between two programmes? You do use the 'edit-in' control found underPhoto in LR don't you?
        Neal ps took me some time to find that myself as I initially closed image in LR and re opened in PS!

Comment

I noticed the same thing a while back. Apparently, it is because PS hows the image in higher definition that LR. If you bring the picture up to 100% in both programs and compare the image, the noise should look the same.

Comment

Working...
          X