Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw wont open....

Hello guys,

I'm hoping this is a silly question that you can answer.

I'm having trouble opening Raw files shot on a 5dmk3 and a 7d. The files are present, just no preview, on both a windows photo viewer and LR3. Files from the camera I usually shoot with, a 60D... No problems whatsoever.

Please help, it's driving me mad!

Simon

Re: Raw wont open....

Those cameras probably came out after LR3 and depending on which OS version you use that may not work out of the box either. You may need to upgrade LR at the least...
    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I'm with Andy on this, those cameras are more recent than LR3. Have a look at Adobe's download site for camera raw and DNG converters - you may be lucky and find there's a later version of ACR that's compatible with your cameras, that version of LR and operating system. Alternatively there may be a version of the DNG converter that's compatible with both the cameras and your OS - if so you can at least convert the CR2 files to DNG which you existing LR software should read.

You could also try DPP if there's a suitable version for your OS that's current with the cameras.

I have a similar problem with a Panasonic - my OS and Photoshop are too old to read the RW2 raw files and too old for a version of ACR that does... Luckily there was a version of DNG converter that works on XP and reads the RW2 files - albeit at the cost of DNG files 3x the size of the original raws...
      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

for the windows photo viewer try downloading the microsoft camera codec
        Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Eventually they force you into paying for the latest software one way or another

Comment

I run LR4. When trying to load direct from camera (1dsii) I get no preview, but, when using a card reader, no problems No issues either way with the 500d.
            Garry Macdonald on Flickr
            Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X