Picture Style Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture Style Editor

Does anyone know whether a manual is available?
    I'm old fashioned & like to read these things!!

All I can find is this link-
    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Re: Picture Style Editor

Hi Bob;

You'll find all the base manuals on your Utilities CD in PDF format. The Picture Style Editor has a filename along the lines of PSE_W_EN.pdf.

HTH...

Cheers...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
      Hi Bob;

You'll find all the base manuals on your Utilities CD in PDF format. The Picture Style Editor has a filename along the lines of PSE_W_EN.pdf.

HTH...

Cheers...
      Thanks - My disc has Version 1.0 - I'm looking for the latest V 1.8 if it is available.
      Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Hi Bob;

I don't believe that anything of real substance has changed; I just checked my PSE PDF from 2007, against the latest PSE file, and there doesn't seem to be anything really different...

Am I missing something?

Cheers...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Hi Canon-Fodder

Thanks for response. I've now done the same & looked at the original & as you say nothing much seems to have changed.

Does anyone out there regularly use PSE?

I intended to have a play around but I find shooting RAW & using DPP satisfies me, most of the time..................

Bob
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post

Does anyone out there regularly use PSE?

I intended to have a play around but I find shooting RAW & using DPP satisfies me, most of the time..................

Bob
            I use DPP and PSE. Most of my work is done with DPP with just minor adjustments (mostly local level adjustments) done in PSE

I find PSE very good for that purpose.

Brian
            ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              I use DPP and PSE. Most of my work is done with DPP with just minor adjustments (mostly local level adjustments) done in PSE

I find PSE very good for that purpose.

Brian
              Brian, I have a sneaky suspicion that the PSE referred to by Bob is Picture Style Editor and not Photo Shop Elements.

David
              David

Comment

Oops - missed that

I have used Picture Style Editor and played about with it. I think that if you were shooting in JPEG it could be useful - however I have found that there is little benefit when using DPP and PS Elements as this provides a much better way to get the results
                ef-r

Comment

David's right - I was referring to Picture Style Editor.

My experience is that shooting RAW & using DPP covers virtually everything I need. I do have Photoshop Elements but a very old version so maybe I need to update.
                  My original enquiry was to try and understand why Picture Style Editor is needed and the lack of response would suggest that it is mostly ignored!

Bob
                  Bob

Comment

Some Pro's use JPEG at events and directly send their photos to their editors for publications without going through PS first - eg football pictures being sent to the paper/websites so they might use their own styles
                    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post
                      My experience is that shooting RAW & using DPP covers virtually everything I need. I do have Photoshop Elements but a very old version so maybe I need to update.
                      My original enquiry was to try and understand why Picture Style Editor is needed and the lack of response would suggest that it is mostly ignored!

Bob
                      Probably true... and I am of the same opinion...

I have PSE on my computer - just in case I might decide to use it - however, I don't use it. It could be useful in certain situations...
                      I find that if you get it right in the first instance, then there is a lot less work later. So in this way, I use DPP to fine tune the exposure, shadows and highlights etc... sometimes use PSE6, but really DPP does everything I need.

I also don't use the picture style settings much. My camera is set to standard, which means everything is set to O anyhow, apart from sharpness, which is three. But as I use raw, all of this is irrelevant anyway. One reason, I like using raw - I can change later on the 'big screen' as I can see the image more clearly!
                      Richard

Think before you press the shutter button!

Comment

I had a play with Picture Style Editor (a while ago) ... but it seemed rather clunky. I've not seen anything from Canon for the last few years to suggest it is a primary technology for them ... but I might be mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                        X