Missing Files.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Files.

What am I doing wrong, On PSE 6 when using organiser I kept getting a box with serching for missing files appear whenever I was viewing my folders, I was given Elements 9 ( excellent upgrade) for Christmas and I am now getting the same problem, how can I stop this from happening, what am I doing wrong? it is really frustrating, what missing files? obviously I delete shots that are not up to standard, is this wrong, Plain speak only please I am definiately not a computer whizz.

Ray

Re: Missing Files.

I think it is that ps loses the location of the file unless you save it 'in' ps. when you quit the application. I hate ps, I had hair when I first got it, I'm on prozac now.

Comment

I don't use Elements but I guess it must catalogue your files so if you move it from where it thinks it is, it will not see it.

Is there a refresh button for the catalogue?
      5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Ray - it would helpful if you could transcibe exactly what the message about missing files says. Do you carry out all move, rename and delete tasks from PSE-Organiser or do you use Windows Explorer or some other method.

Sorry to sound a pedant but the 'the devil is in the details'.

Comment

Working...
        X