HELP ! DPP and Iphoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP ! DPP and Iphoto

Hope someone can help me please. New to the forum, and photography.

Running a Mac.

Import all my photos into iphoto, which created a default library somewhere I can"t find.

Have started taking RAW pictures along side jpeg and want to use Canon DPP to Edit RAW file.

DPP will not open RAW files from iphoto library, can"t find it.

If I drag a RAW image out of iphoto onto desktop so I can open it in DPP it converts it to a jpeg and I cannot use any of the raw editing functions in DPP.

I want to separate all my RAW files into a folder on my mac that I can access from DPP.

Tried everything and as soon as file moves from iphoto in changes toa jpeg and not a raw file.

Can anyone help me please?
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: HELP ! DPP and Iphoto

I was equally impressed with iPhoto, but soon found that it wouldn't work for me.

To overcome that I have set up two files on the desktop. One for RAW Photo's and one for processed photo's. I import directly from the CF card into RAW, process in DPP and then batch process and export to the process file.

Within each file, there is a hierarchical structure of sub files, based on subject, location and year, so I can track down a photo within a few clicks of the mouse.

Hope that helps

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Your missing pics may well be in Applications. use the Finder option and you will be able to scroll through all of the folders on your Mac.
      I used the options in DPP to make that the default location for downloads of my pics, otherwise, iPhoto grabs the lot as the default location. use the option to in DPP to import a folder/file from where you find them rather than dragging.
      Happy hunting!
      David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
      All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Have tried the search and it doesn't find any of my 12,000 photos that are stored in iphoto.

Copying raw from iphoto stills converts them to jpeg, wherever I put them.

I might try moving photos from memory card to a folder on desktop, then moving just jpegs to iphoto.

All a bit of a faff though.
        Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Working...
        X