Black and White Pictures in Adobe Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black and White Pictures in Adobe Bridge

I have set my both my EOS 20d and my EOS 5d up to take pictures in Black and White.

I take an exposure and viewing in it on the camera it is displayed in black and white. I copy the file to my PC and viewing it using windows explorer as a large icon it shows as black and white. So far so good.

I open the file in Abobe bridge and it shows as colour. Is this expected or is something not set correctly.

Only does this with RAW files, JPG files behave as expected.

Re: Black and White Pictures in Adobe Bridge

I'm guessing here ................. any processed file will show as a black & white, but the RAW is the original file and until you finalise the processing and render it as a processd file, Jpeg, Tiff etc, it will still show as the original information, i.e. colour.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Colin you are 100% correct in with your guess according to the Adobe forums.

Woodman have a look at this link http://forums.adobe.com/message/2688634

David
      David

Comment

I did some more digging around with this myself last night and what I found out is as per the link you have posted. It appears though it is only Adobe Bridge that ignores the Black and White tag applied to any picture; Canon DPP software will process the picture as Black and White.

Canon and Adobe need to have a chat methinks!!

Comment

Working...
        X