Photoshop CS5 question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop CS5 question....

Very simple question about a function in CS5 that is "doing my head in"....

Scenario:
    two images open in CS5
    I want to include image 2 in image 1 and have image 2 showing as a separate layer in image 1.

I could easily open image 2, select all, Ctrl C
    Open image 1 and Ctrl V and image 2 would be copied into image 1 as a separate layer

but....

I am sure that I have read/seen somewhere that in CS5 I can drag and drop image 2 onto image 1 and have image 2 showing as a separate layer in image 1...
    I could be wrong as I am sure that my old brain in slowly "reducing in size" and I have imagined this bit of functionality.

Question:
    If my assumption above is correct then I cannot get it to work...

HELP ! ! ! !

David
    David

Re: Photoshop CS5 question....

Yes you can drag and drop in CS5 and it'll create a new layer, you can do it in Elements so no reason why not in CS5.

It should be as simple as select the move tool, click in image 2 and drag to image 1. Both images must be the same type ie. RGB , I don't think you can drag and drop an Indexed Color image on to an RGB one.

Comment

Open image 2> click on move tool> drag image 2 into image 1. It will automatically become a separate layer above the background layer of image 1. If there is a size difference, ensure you have "Show Transform Controls" activated in the top left toolbar, then you can use those to match sizing.

If you only wanted part of layer 2, you could make a selection of only what you wanted and as long as you clicked the move tool within the selection, you can then move the selection into layer 1.

Hope that helps.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

aha... thanks Mark & Colin.... simple "step" I was missing.... using the move tool.... oh so easy when that little step is included...

David
        David

Comment

Working...
        X