Help request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help request.

Learning the new Mac slowly, but wonder if any experienced users can assist with the latest frustrating occurrence.

When uploading pics from a memory card using the EOS utility, in Windows I could use the shift and control keys to make multiple selections of thumbnails then import them. Trying this with the Mac doesn't work, so far I have only been able to select by clicking individual thumbnails - a bit tedious after the first 100 or so!

Am I missing something or is multiple selections of this type not possible on OS-X?

Peter

Re: Help request.

Use the mouse to highlight all the pictures to import.

Left hand click and hold down above and to the left of the first picture and than drag across and down to highlight all of the other pictures. Inevitably, there will be one or two at the beginning and end that you dont want, so just press CMD and click on each shot to remove them from the selection.

Hope that helps.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Hi Colin thanks for the help, I can now select! However I'm stumped as to getting the next bit done! I have a couple of cards with RAW files I want to back up onto a folder in an external drive. When I connect the reader the memory card facility on ImageBrowser opens, I can select the images I want to move, but after that nothing happens when I try to drag and drop; if I create a folder in my documents on the mac hard drive I can move the images there, but again cant move from there to the external drive. Any suggestions?

Peter.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I have found that once things are on the Mac, you can drag and drop to your hearts content, but to get them into the Mac, you have to copy and paste.

Select what you want, or "Cmd A" to select all.

"Cmd C" to copy what you have selected.

Click open where you want to put them and "Cmd V" to paste them there.

Hope that helps.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Hi Colin, I seem to be able to get things into the folders on the Mac, but not transfer from the Mac to the external drive. I am wondering if there is a security or other setting blocking it. On DPP for example the drive appears on the list of locations, but a batch process to a folder in it ends up with an error message.

Thanks again for your help.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
          X