Experiment with Affinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiment with Affinity

Santa brought the Affinity Photo Manual V2 at Christmas....just playing with layers...I'm sure AI could do a better job.

looks so false to me but entertaining to do.

I'll probably have nightmares now of me reversing the van out!

I can imaging lifting a detail from a shot and repositioning it if the need arises.

VAN SELECTION by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Always Great to experiment Brian.

It took me a while at first to work out what was supposed to be false. So looks to have done a half decent job.

Lovely colour on the sea by the way
    I really need to get on with Affinity and try it out! Not having a good editing software is putting a bit of a stop on me posting any images really ( not that I rely on it) but I do like to polish them up a bit.

Comment

Thanks Nat….Yes I like to add some punch…but then I use ‘faithful’ profile…perhaps I should switch more.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Alot of the videos I watch of 'influencer/YouTube photographers' all go for this teal/green/blue colouring on any water or any blue surface in their images now. It's quite a trendy processing procedure.
        ​​​​​
        ​​​​​​Personally I really like it. I've done it myself on several images that I've posted here, doesn't work on everything but certainly works here I think because you've got some nice highlights and shadows in the sea.

​​​​​I saved a custom preset I liked on Lightroom that did a very contrasty/ slightly altered colours with the teal/bluey colour and every time I processed an image I always tried it first before anything and then tweaked it from there.

I would always just press Auto but then started switching it up a bit. There's always going to be someone who loves what you do and someone who doesn't so why not try it and if you love it, that's all that matters really. The great thing about switching it up a bit and trying it out is, you'll always have the original RAW image to reset to
        ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X