Photoshop elements 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photoshop elements 9

I have recently purchsed photoshop elements 9 and was wondering if i still needed all the software on my pc that came with my 1000d , as my pc is so slow and freeing up some of the memory may help.

Re: Photoshop elements 9

I just posted this on another thread so hope its helps.

Go to Control Panel and use the Uninstall a program to remove all unwanted software. After doing this download a free program called CrapCleaner from FileHippo. Run this program with the Cleaner and then the Registry buttons and will clean out a load of the rubbish as well in the other hidden areas of your drive.

One you have done this then defrag the drive and you will find a big improvement to you PC. I don't know the spec of your PC but this will help if you have done little or no maintenance for months. Basically unclogs your PC of by its name Crap.

Then go to the Canon web site and download the latest DPP, ZoomBrowser and EOS utilities and you will have all the Canon software you need. You should still be able to run PSE 9 on the machine.
    Slàinte,

Malkie

I would be grateful for all constructive comments both good and not so good. I wont bite

Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic

Comment

Thanks Malkie9 , what i`m looking to do is remove the canon software completely and just run the photoshop programe and neede to know if this was ok to do

Comment

Hi Glider!

Removing the Canon software is OK, if that's what you want to do. You don't say WHY you want to remove it though... are you short on disk space? Do you think it just duplicates some of the activities you usually perform? Everyone's work flow is different! By removing the software, you'd always have to transfer your shots manually (not through EOS Utility), and you'd lose the benefit of DPP, which I find quite useful for most of my simpler post processing! I too have PSE9, but I don't use it that often.

So to answer your question, yes you can remove the Canon software, but that's not to say the Canon software isn't still useful for quite a lot of post processing! Your choice!

All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

The main reason is my very old (approx 10 years old) is so slow and I thought if I removed as much uneeded software in an effort to speed things up ( the processor is only) 2.6

Comment

Glider

Removing software from your PC's hard disk will not speed up the processing! The Canon software is only taking space on your hard disk, so I'd leave it there for when you need to use it.
            Processing speed is a product of how much memory you have installed, and how fast a processor you have.
            If you try to run too much at the same time, this will reduce the speed of processing. It may be that your older PC is just not up to the job of running PSE9, in either memory, processor or both, so it will not matter how much you delete from the hard disk, it will still run just as slowly!

Memory is relatively cheap to upgrade, but if your PC is 10 years old, I'd suggest an upgrade of PC completely. Sorry for the bad news and potential additional expense, but that's just a fact of life!

All the best, Mike.
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Working...
            X