Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple software Upgrade

Hi Everyone

I have a Macbook and like many have the option of upgrading Snow Leopard to the the new OSX Lion.
    Has anyone else done this so far?

I wondered if other members knew if if DPP or EOS Utility would still run on the new Lion format?

Wouldn't want to upgrade and not be able to run DPP etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave

Re: Apple software Upgrade

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have a Macbook and like many have the option of upgrading Snow Leopard to the the new OSX Lion.
    Has anyone else done this so far?

I wondered if other members knew if if DPP or EOS Utility would still run on the new Lion format?

Wouldn't want to upgrade and not be able to run DPP etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I've upgrade both my iMac & Airbook to Lion. As long as you are using the latest versions of the Canon software, they will work under Lion. What you need to be aware of is that Lion no longer support application that worked under the PowerPC using Rossetta.

Tom

Comment

Many Thanks Tom.

Dave

Comment

Tom, what are the main advantages you have seen since upgrading? I am new to Mac and have the Snow Leopard OS - do you think it was a worthwhile and positive move for you?

Comment

The one main advantage would of been Air Drop, but since my iMac is a 2008 model and Air drop is hardware dependent (Late 2009 & above) it's not available for me. THe other 2 is full scene for windows, which was very nice & a faster startup.

Tom

Comment

I have an early 2008 MacBook Pro and AirDrop didn't show up in Finder, unlike my wife's late 2009's. There is a way to activate it and it works fine now.

Enable AirDrop on Unsupported Macs/
            myTube
            Twitter: @VilliAsgeirsson
            Canon EOS 60D - 50mm f1.8 - 50mm f1.4 - 18-135mm f4-5.6 - 100mm f2.8 macro - Speedlite 480EX - Canon EOS 500D

Comment

Originally posted by Villi View Post
              I have an early 2008 MacBook Pro and AirDrop didn't show up in Finder, unlike my wife's late 2009's. There is a way to activate it and it works fine now.

Enable AirDrop on Unsupported Macs/
              Thanks for the tip. One note:

I ran the command "defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1" on my 2008 iMac then did a "killall Finder" and my Macbook Air popped up on the Airdrop and was able to transfer a file to the Airbook. However the iMac did not show up on the Macbook Air until I ran the command "defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1" on the Air and did a killall on the Airbook. Only then did I see the iMac in the Airdrop.

Also note to use the Airdrop, both machines need to have it selected to see the other.

Tom

Comment

Working...
              X