Dpp and my 1d mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dpp and my 1d mk2

I've recently bought a second hand 1d mk2 but my dpp software I got with my 1000d won't access the images and transfer them to my pc , I end up downloading them to my pictures on my pc then transfer them to elements 9 before I can work on them am I missing something, many thanks Harvey

Re: Dpp and my 1d mk2

I have at the back of my mind that when I had my MKII, I had to insert the camera serial number when I installed the version of DPP that came with it. Since then, upgrading to MKIII and then MKIV I haven't needed to repeat that step. Your 1000D version may not have that facility.

Just thinking aloud, I would suspect that the 1000D being a comparitively recent camera, may not recognise the older 1D MKII. If that is the case, you will probably require an older version of DPP and then update it via the Canon update facility.

DPP needs a base version installed and when updated, it is not the whole program that is amended, just certain parts.

Ideally, I should think you need the base CD that came with the MKII.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Possibly a Firewire/USB issue? Do you have to tell camera and/or software which you want to use?
      Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Stupid question coming up, is a FireWire a cable and if so is it readly available at a photographic shop? Many thanks Harvey

Comment

Firewire is a data transfer method faster than USB 2 which is the norm on most PCs. Yes you can buy a cable from either a camera shop or PC store but make sure that your PC has a firewire input, in many PCs this is not standard and you need a separate card to support it.

Comment

Working...
          X