Is the end of DLSR's Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the end of DLSR's Coming?

Macro Meister if your 80% expired you can,t be that big !!

Chris
    Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by deefadog View Post
      Macro Meister if your 80% expired you can,t be that big !!

Chris
      I think I got that figure wrong. I was assuming average life expectancy of 76, 80% of which is 60 (my current age). But the lifestyle I lead will no doubt lead to termination within the next few months , which means I'm 98% expired and 2% inspired.

Gee! that doesn't sound so good, does it? It also means (getting back on thread) that I won't see the end of the DSLR...
      Last edited by Macro Meister; 29-09-2012, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Macro Meister View Post
        I think I got that figure wrong. I was assuming average life expectancy of 76, 80% of which is 60 (my current age). But the lifestyle I lead will no doubt lead to termination within the next few months , which means I'm 98% expired and 2% inspired.

Gee! that doesn't sound so good, does it? It also means (getting back on thread) that I won't see the end of the DSLR...
        Thats too deep for me, as the dragons say " I,m out "

Chris
        Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Tom "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!!"
          The end of the DSLR will only come from some one inventing a seriously better product which certainly is a long way from any of the smart phone/ipad derivatives that exist to-day. All these offerings are only akin to the point and shoot (some of them produce excelent pictures) which do not offer any real control of exposure and other adjustments required to create thoes special Photographs which we all strive for!
          Some actually achieve How i whish to be amongst you!

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by deefadog View Post
            No matter how small or smart phones and p&s cameras become can you imagine the bride & brooms face when the official photog turns up with an iPhone/pad let alone as micro Meister suggests the ad manager for M&S. I enjoy the whole concept of DSLRs and long may they reign.
            Can you imagine the photographers face when he turns up to find a bride & broom?

In any case that excludes the photographer with an iPhone because if he/she is using Apple Maps they will have to find the damn church/registry office first!

And when they do you will have to hope the sun is not shining or the brides lovely white dress will be 50 Shades Of Purple!

None of this would be Apple's fault of course...the photographer must have been holding it wrong!

<chuckle>

-=Glyn=-

Comment

Originally posted by GlynH View Post

Can you imagine the photographers face when he turns up to find a bride & broom?

In any case that excludes the photographer with an iPhone because if he/she is using Apple Maps they will have to find the damn church/registry office first!

And when they do you will have to hope the sun is not shining or the brides lovely white dress will be 50 Shades Of Purple!

None of this would be Apple's fault of course...the photographer must have been holding it wrong!

<chuckle>

-=Glyn=-
              Hi Glynn

I did that on purpose just to see if you we're paying attention

Comment

It all boils down to the person behind the equipment, not the equipment. There is and will be room for all sorts of notions in photography. When I was working and little Jimmy Brown brought in a picture from his Kodak Brownie camera and it went straight onto the front page us snappers with our thousands of pound cameras had to be stoic. The Editor did not go out and buy us all Brownies, he wanted to, sometimes threatened to but he new it was horses for courses. There will all ways be top end cameras and there will always be bottom end and everything in between including phones. If you want to go out and take a exhibition quality picture of an eagle in flight a few hundred yards from your position I would not take an iphone. horses for courses. Some people will be satisfied with an iphone snap, photographers will not. I'm afraid its a disease, once you've caught it I'm afraid it's pretty much a life time thing. No amont of Blackberry or Iphone snaps will do.
                Cheers
                Treff

Comment

Working...
                X