A couple of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of things

Put a few details into my profile - no problem in doing it. However, I opened the site as a "member of the public", i.e. not logging in as a member, and found I could see all those details. Don't mind sharing personal info with registered members who have accepted terms and conditions but a bit uneasy about such being on open display. I know the site is in trial mode at the moment - will it be protected when live?

Created an album - again straightforward, but when I tried to upload either one or a batch of jpg's from my hard drive it eventually stalled and eventually gave me a "refer to the administrator" type message.

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: A couple of things

Originally posted by Chris J View Post
    Put a few details into my profile - no problem in doing it. However, I opened the site as a "member of the public", i.e. not logging in as a member, and found I could see all those details. Don't mind sharing personal info with registered members who have accepted terms and conditions but a bit uneasy about such being on open display. I know the site is in trial mode at the moment - will it be protected when live?

Created an album - again straightforward, but when I tried to upload either one or a batch of jpg's from my hard drive it eventually stalled and eventually gave me a "refer to the administrator" type message.
    Profile details are now only visible to registered members who are logged in. I've also increased the size of the profile fields. Incidentally, the site is 'live' now. The only trial aspect to it is the limited number of people we have contacted.

Were your JPGs within the pixel and KB limits for the forum? The site won't reduce the size of the image files - you have to start with small file sizes.

Robert
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thank you for "securing" the profile data from non-registered users (and the Member List which I see is no longer accessible to non-registered, non-logged-in viewers).

And for the suggestion about uploading to albums - my fault, was trying to ask the site's system to do too much in the way of re-sizing. Down-loaded smaller size files with no problemt to start a couple of albums.

Another quick thought - I can't get my User name and Password "remembered", and when I log off I get a message that all cookies are cleared. Is that clearing the "remembering" cookie?? Again, no great problem.

Cheers, Chris.
      Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Another quick thought - I can't get my User name and Password "remembered", and when I log off I get a message that all cookies are cleared. Is that clearing the "remembering" cookie?? Again, no great problem.
        Have you checked that you have cookies enabled in your browser? You need this for the password to be remembered.

The password is remembered on my computer. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Robert
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
          The password is remembered on my computer. Is anyone else having problems with this?

Robert
          No problem here with FF 3.5.1
          Last edited by Colin; 17-08-2009, 05:53. Reason: typo
          --
          Colin
          http://fotos-espana.com
          http://macameraclub.com
          http://turnspain.com

Comment

Have you checked that you have cookies enabled in your browser? You need this for the password to be remembered.

Robert
            I am having a problem with this. I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 and cookies are enabled for this site.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by MartinR View Post
              I am having a problem with this. I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 and cookies are enabled for this site.

Martin

Robert
              Just tried with Opera 9.6.3 and have the same problem.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by MartinR View Post
                Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. I will take a look at the problem this evening.
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Whenever you click on logout all cookies are cleared - this means that the forum won't remember who you are next time that you log in.

To stay logged in, don't click the log out button, just close the tab or window, and next time that you go to the forum it will remember who you are and you won't need to log in again.

The log out button is something to use if you're using a shared computer. It ensures that if someone else goes to the forum on the same machine they won't have access to your personal account.
                  Andrew
                  www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                  X