What did you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What did you get?

Vouchers for B&Q as we are having the bathroom re-done on the 10th, couple of t-shirts, a new 'streetfighters' hooded sweatshirt and a 'spyder 4 elite' to calibrate the monitor.

Off to WEX tomorrow to possibly get the 400mm f5.6 - not made my mind up yet (and you thought it was women who were indecisive)

.DAVID.
    Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

They are a bit thin on the ground at the moment, so grab one while you can. Rumours are of a new version in the spring with IS and no doubt a higher price.
      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
        Hmmm, that scanner could be just the ticket as it scans 120 film.

I have dozens of files of 120 film and transparencies that I really need to think about scanning into digital. Let me know how it performs.
        I have just lost my job so my wife is likely to take it back to the shop to save on costs. Huh! I could have scanned 120 film for you at a very reasonable rate!!!

Hey ho! Back to the drawing board...

Richard
        Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

I seem to have mostly got books, but I bought myself a Fuji W3 camera at £89 as an Amazon "Today's Deal" (they must have a lot of them as it's turned up three times that I've seen). It was discontinued in May, but at £89 I'll have a play... I have a 3D TV and a HTPC that supports 3D too (Nvidia 3D-Play), so might as well have some media creation tools... :-)
          John

Comment

Originally posted by rcarca View Post
            I have just lost my job so my wife is likely to take it back to the shop to save on costs. Huh! I could have scanned 120 film for you at a very reasonable rate!!!

Richard
            Jeepers richard - Im sorry to hear that

Comment

Richard
              Sorry to hear that Richard
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

I have just lost my job
                Sorry to hear that. I was in the same boat last Christmas .................... why does it always happen at Christmas? However, I re-trained from management to being a carpenter and I have never been happier. Bugger all money, but I enjoy going to work and making things.

Hope this is a new beginning for you.
                Last edited by colin C; 01-01-2014, 01:42.
                Colin

Comment

Richard, I'm very sorry to hear that. I don't know you personally, but I reckon it won't be long, before you're back on your feet doing what you do best. Onwards and upwards in 2014!
                  Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                  http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                  https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Richard so sorry to hear your news hopefully it won't be long until you get another job sorted
                    1Dmk2, Canon 70-200 f4 L Non-IS & a borrowed canon 28mm

Flickr
                    Facebook
                    www.paulraybouldphotography.co.uk

Comment

Richard I'm so sorry to read about your job loss. I hope this is only a short term situation and that 2014 is a good year for you. Keep your chin up Richard and look on this as an opportunity.
                      Peter

Feel free to browse my
                      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have just lost my job so my wife is likely to take it back to the shop to save on costs.

Really sorry to hear that.
                        I hope you find something soon.
                        Andy
                        Canon EOS 5D MarkIV, 11-24mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8 II, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 IS II USM, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 IS II USM, 100mm Macro, 50mm f1.4, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Manfrotto tripod
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyberdavis/

Comment

Very sorry to hear your news Richard, I can relate as it happened 3 times to me before I retired, try not to let it get to you and do as Colin has said look at what you do and decide what, if anything, you can change to make your life better. Each time it hit me I managed to move my career in a different direction and ultimately the enforced changes helped me.

I do hope that 2014 helps you move forward and that you get back on your feet very soon.

Comment

I do hope that 2014 helps you move forward and that you get back on your feet very soon.
                            me too

Stan
                            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                            flickr

Comment

Sorry to hear that Richard. I am sure you will get another job soon. BE POSITIVE.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Here's hoping that another job will be quickly found Richard, and that you prosper in 2014.

As Peter said, it could be an opportunity.

Dave
                                Dave

Website:- https://davesimaging.wixsite.com/mysite

Comment

Working...
                                X