Consessional printing- for charities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consessional printing- for charities

Do any members know of a printing business that will do about 250-500 cards (say 6x4 or 7x5) at a reduced rate for charity? I am referring to any online firm.

Many thanks

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Consessional printing- for charities

Nat,

I don't know of any that offer concessions - but I've never asked. However I had some calendars printed by ALDI at a very reasonable price and the quality was pretty good.

Are you able to reclaim VAT?
    Russell
    Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Originally posted by Columbarius View Post
      Nat,

I don't know of any that offer concessions - but I've never asked. However I had some calendars printed by ALDI at a very reasonable price and the quality was pretty good.

Are you able to reclaim VAT?
      Russell,

I am sure the Friends of the Cathedral (which is the charity) I have in mind for the moment. Yes, I am sure VAT can be re-claimed. Do you have any examples of their printing works?(i.e Aldi)

Nat
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Nat - go to a local printers in you're town and explain what you want. You will probably find, as I did, that they will have a vast array of off-cuts, usually in different colours, which they would be happy to print up for you at a very small cost - worth a try. Do you're design on a piece of A4, freehand and let them get on with it. Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks Robin. Perhaps I should have been more explicit. The Friends of the Cathedral want to use one or two photos of mine for (i) a Christmas & New Year Card (ii)for general well wishing- to send to friends, whilst on holiday and so on. I have some shots of the inside of the Cathedral for this purpose plus the outside of the cathedral, also of several artefacts dotted around the building. The friends of the C ,have I know contacted some local printers and I think the cost was on the high side as the Friends work on a budget of annual subscrition- £15. Hence they mentioned this to me asking whether I know of any on line printers.

Comment

Do you have any examples of their printing
            Sorry Nat, but all my calendars are now at their intended destination (except the South African ones which remain in transit after nearly 3 months). Could you check amongst the wider congregation (not only the "friends") for a sympathetic printer?
            Russell
            Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Could you check amongst the wider congregation (not only the "friends") for a sympathetic printer?
              that is what I was thinking

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Hi Nathaniel,

I use a print company in the north east to print our clubs quarterly magazine, I had just been on there site and come up with this:-
                500 (148mm x 105mm) single sided print on a satin finish 250 gr paper. cost £19.63 Not sure if this is to expensive or exactly what you are looking for. The company is called Printed.com mentioning me (you have my full name), from the Catfish Study Group might help.

There phone Number is Sales: 0800 840 1431
                Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm

Hope this helps.

Ian
                Ian

Comment

Ian, thats great. I think this is what they were looking for. I think even if the group went up to say £100 for 500 prints, that would be great..
                  Many thanks for the info. The "Friends of the cathedral" are not only based in St.Asaph but all over UK and goes as far as St.Mungo's Cathedral in Glasgow.- there is a close affinity between St.Asaph,St.Kintergern & St Mungo.

Thanks Stan & Russell as we will certainly look out for the best deal.

Comment

Nat,

What a friend of mine does is have his prints mass produced by Photobox at 5p each in large quantities. He then has a relationship with a local printer who prints the blank cards and supplies them with envelopes and cellophane outer envelopes. He glues the photos on and they look very good. He won't tell me what the local printer charges for the blanks but I suspect it is well under 30p knowing him and how much he subsequently charges for his cards. He makes a nice amount to support his photography this way.

This may be an option well worth exploring. The friends of the cathedral could do the gluing.
                    --
                    Colin
                    http://fotos-espana.com
                    http://macameraclub.com
                    http://turnspain.com

Comment

Many thanks Colin. A good idea indeed.

Comment

What a friend of mine does is have his prints mass produced by Photobox at 5p each in large quantities. He then has a relationship with a local printer who prints the blank cards and supplies them with envelopes and cellophane outer envelopes. He glues the photos on and they look very good. He won't tell me what the local printer charges for the blanks but I suspect it is well under 30p knowing him and how much he subsequently charges for his cards. He makes a nice amount to support his photography this way.
                        this is just what we do for our cards we sell at craft fairs, the only difference is we get the photos printed in bulk but buy a pack of 50 7" x 5" card blanks for around £7, print them ourselves and use double sided tape to put the photo on the front. Total cost about 25p per card - we than sell them for £1.25 each

Stan

Stan
                        Last edited by Stan; 02-01-2014, 19:54.

flickr

Comment

That's an interesting breakdown of cost Stan, its exactly what I do, and charge about the same. Good to know others do similar. Don't have the quality or quantity that you have yet mind you!
                          Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Stan. i have sent all the details to the Secretary of the Friends of the Cathedral and wait to see what they finally decide.

Once again, many thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Nat

Comment

That's an interesting breakdown of cost Stan, its exactly what I do, and charge about the same. Good to know others do similar. Don't have the quality or quantity that you have yet mind you!
                              All our freinds and family get one too, we just print inside "Happy Birthday" or Happy Anniversary" etc and have a supply of shots which we have also overprinted with the appropriate greeting

Stan

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X