Challenge 125 Song Titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Challenge 125 Song Titles

That's it folks Challenge closed, will post results Monday night. Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
      That's it folks Challenge closed, will post results Monday night. Dave.
      Eh? Surely we have until the end of today?!

"Closing date for entries is midnight (in the UK) on Sunday 29th January. Enjoy, Dave."
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

My fault I thought I had put Saturday, still time to enter th en. Dave

Comment

Mr Blue Sky by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

So that is that, my first time at judging the Forum monthly challenge, as most of you know I am fairly new to all the technical jargon & expertise there is on this site. So therefore the judging has been done on purely what is pleasing to my eye.

Don't leaf me this way by Brian:- Loved the crispness of the front edge of the leaf, but would have liked it more if it had covered all the leaf.

Little Drummer Boy by Tony:- Enjoyable look on the squirrels face, real sharp, it is as though you interrupted its drum solo & it wasn't pleased.

Scarborough Fair by Russell:- Some thought went into the composition of this one, even got all the correct herbs, like that.

Big Yellow Taxi by Peter:- Making a song title out of an item in your kitchen was a brainwave, though the texture of the dish makes it look a bit grainy.

Fireworks by Ray:- I love a good firework shot & this was a good-un. Would have cropped the right hand side a bit more to keep the eye on the display.

The Chain by John:- Did you take the shot & then find the title, or was it planned for that title? Either way the contrast between the background & chain was excellent.

Underneath The Arches by Alex:- The usual sharpness we have come to expect from Alex, a great angle as well, but are you really "underneath the arches"?

Eye to Eye Contact by Dave:- Such a sharp image of the eye, spoilt by the masonry in the front left.

As time goes by Barbara:- The connection between time of the clock & time of a life (by the figures) was very well thought out.

Dock of the Bay by Jonathan:- I have tried & tried to get this shot on the Hudson River in N.Y. but have never succeeded as well as you have with this shot.

Back is Black by David:- association between the shot & title was really imaginative, but is that colour black or Blue?

Carolina on my mind by Graeme:- Had to look up the fact that there was a duck called a Carolina, love the plumage but the bill looks a bit soft?

Rock around the Clock by Chris:- Well thought out, no doubting the title, spoilt by the carpet background would have been better on a plain background. Who ate the rock afterwards?

Put the Lime by Tom:- Again a well thought out shot, but like Chris's shot above, found the background distracting.

Mr Blue Sky by Chris T:- certainly was plenty of blue sky when you took this, find the breast plumage a bit soft?

So thank you all for entering & this is MY conclusion, hope I don't upset to many of you by my comments.

In third place Russell's Scarborough Fair, so sharp & well proportioned.

Second Jonathan Dock of the Bay. I realise how hard this shot is having tried it, you have to get the angle & depth of field spot on.

And in first place goes to John for The Chain. As you are aware from previous conversations on here I am not a great fan of P.P. But when it has been performed to this level I applaud it.

So well done all & over to John to set next months challenge. Dave (Daisy M)

Comment

Well done to John and all who entered. Hope the next one is not to difficult��
              Ray

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree with the result. Well done John & thanks to Dave for setting the challenge.

My own personal challenge was actually getting time with the camera, hence my late entry but hopefully I'll be better prepared and do better next time , which is the whole point of this really, isn't it?
                Chris

Comment

Well that was a surprise

There were some very good entries this month for a truly excellent theme that had such breadth of possible interpretations that I am humbled to have been selected as winner

Thank you Dave for organising the competition and giving well considered critique for each of the entries but also thanks to all other entrants.

Next competition theme? Well, I think I know what it will be but more of that later

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Congratulations John. Well done.

Tom

Comment

Pity all that entered here didn't enter the end of year showcase.

Comment

Congratulations John...yours is a truly deserving winner!
                        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks for the subject and the judging Dave. Well done John on your deserved success.
                          Russell
                          Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Pity all that entered here didn't enter the end of year showcase.
                            I intended too, but I thought that most of my images I would have posted people would recognise, and then when trying to get a group together I sadly I missed the date by a day.

As for this last competition, well done and we all deserve a round of whatever tesarvar posted as it looked really appetising.
                            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

After my judging I certainly could have done with that drink also, had to make do with a glass of wine, it's a hard life. Dave

Comment

Great competition, Daisy, offering a really wide interpretation. Thanks for your fair and well reasoned judging. John, an excellent image and worthy winner, and a reminder of an excellent song (somewhat ruined now by one part of it being played to death with its over-association to formula 1). Well done to all, and looking forward to the next.
                                Canon EOS 7D
                                EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                                Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                                flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Working...
                                X