Flickr Upload Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr Upload Problem.

Just wanted to say that if you are currently trying to upload to Flickr and its having none of it,you are not alone.

Tried a tiff file and a jpeg it either times out or tells me that the daemons have stopped working.

Looked in the forums and the help pages and theres others having the same problems. Its not just you, (you can stop swearing at the computer now) its not your image file, theres nothing corrupt. Its techies on the site.

Hopefully they'll have it sorted soon.

Di
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Flickr Upload Problem.

Thanks for the post Di, just having the same problem! I’ll stop cursing now
    Andrew

Comment

I've had tremendous problems with Flickr. It would allow me to see my files, but wouldn't recognise my password, so I couldn't access or do anything with my files. No upload etc. I cannot understand why it recognised and welcomed me by name, then requested my password and didn't recognise it.

Tried everything but to no avail, so finally set up a new account under a new email.
      Colin

Comment

Was having same problems most of the day but did manage in the end to up-load my Avocet picture, seems OK now
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Colin, have you tried looking in the OS X keychain for your saved password?
          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Just tried to upload a couple of images - time out and lack of daemons all the way. Flickr need to spend more time ensuring the site works and less on thinking up stupid phrases...
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Today. tried to upload 2 images and Flickr is giving me a file type error and will not allow me to upload any photos.

Comment

When I've been having problems with Flickr I have gone back to the old uploader and it then works fine. Hope this helps.

Chris

Comment

I always use the uploader as well. I'm surprised it still works as I think only supply it now if you go for the Pro option.

Emyr

Comment

Just tried the new fancy way and nothing happened, gone to the old uploader and it says that they are there. So will see what happens. Best of luck everyone. Seems to be a hit and miss problem.

Come back to add for me its worked but the site is a bit slow and tagging is not working like it should. I guess its a work in progress for the powers that be there.
                    Last edited by DeeGee; 26-03-2018, 18:29.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
                      Colin, have you tried looking in the OS X keychain for your saved password?
                      Yes Andy and on both computers.

I am a bit OCDC regarding user names and passwords. I have a security file where I download the logo of the supplier and then list my User Name, Password and any security questions and answered. It is a very professional, easy to read document and is all saved in a fairly innocuously named file and there is also a printed version, hidden within the pages of a old magazine. I am very confident that I used the correct info, but it may have been something to do with me using two computers to access the images. I was using the old one still, as I was bringing the new one up to speed and becoming more confident in it's ability.
                      Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                        Yes Andy and on both computers.

I am a bit OCDC regarding user names and passwords. I have a security file where I download the logo of the supplier and then list my User Name, Password and any security questions and answered. It is a very professional, easy to read document and is all saved in a fairly innocuously named file and there is also a printed version, hidden within the pages of a old magazine. I am very confident that I used the correct info, but it may have been something to do with me using two computers to access the images. I was using the old one still, as I was bringing the new one up to speed and becoming more confident in it's ability.

Oooh me thinks I'm going to have to do something like this... organisation.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Ah well

I’m not sure I like the idea of non-encrypted storage for passwords but whatever works for you. If keychains doesn’t work, then something like lastpass may be better. Storing passwords in clear text just feels wrong.
                          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Storing passwords in clear text just feels wrong.
                            You are right of course Andy and in my previous working environment, my works computer was "up to the nines" with security.

But for this computer, it is only personal stuff, I don't do online banking, there is no sensitive information such as my full name, address, age, etc. etc. Only me and Mrs C in the house, so I am comfortable to balance security against convenience and end up with something that works for me ............ and Mrs C of course!
                            Colin

Comment

I have been having problems all day , cannot upload to either of my accounts and in the end resurrected an old photobucket account to upload a couple of shots

Interesting the problem was only on upload, any shots already on flickr downloaded to the forums without problem

Stan
                              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                              flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X