end of a era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: end of a era

Cheers Brian ,I did fluff up on a lot of the flight shots relying on auto iso and forgetting about shutter speed basically user error ,but the shutter kept up with them , it’s most definitely a one lens does it all solution to though. So I might invest in a 60mm macro = to a 120mm once I sell my sigma macro . ... whether the build quality will stand the test of time remains to be seen as it doesn’t have the same feel as the big canon sigma previous rig ,but the sheer pleasure of being able to go walk about with no weight restrictions made up for it .

Comment

Wow, Stunned, I never saw that coming in a million years.......

Stay in touch Jeff.
      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyT View Post
        Wow, Stunned, I never saw that coming in a million years.......

Stay in touch Jeff.
        basically Tony the wife saw the pain and effort I was going through carrying the gear and " suggested " I get something lighter (or else) and as I said my first intention was a move down to a sigma c and a smaller body ,but a chance suggestion when enquiring at the shop led me to start investigating the options of this rig ,links to shots on flickr and from other users I have as contacts led to a fairly swift smooth changeover .

Comment

I know what you mean, I tend to just take the basics now, the 1DX with 500MM on the monopod slung over shoulder like a brickie carrying a hod and a teleconvertor in its pouch in my hand or pocket. you needed a trolley
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

thats basically what I have been doing of late Tony ,but 7+ kg has played havoc with my shoulder ,heads you lose tails you lose situation ,with a week at bempton coming up in June ,I wanted to be able to enjoy it rather than it turning into a slog

Comment

Sorry to be loosing you and your images Jeff.

I’m another who will be thinking about the future and the weight of gear. I was hoping for some better lenses from the M series so I’ll hang on a little longer to see what happens. Meantime I have a compact with a Leica lens for the days when even the 6D and 24-105 just seem too heavy.

Best wishes
              Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jeff, wish you well with your new kit.

Bill.
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

I wish you well with your change of kit Jeff. Hopefully you will be popping back now and again with images from your wife's camera, that's assuming Jan will allow you to use it .
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                    I wish you well with your change of kit Jeff. Hopefully you will be popping back now and again with images from your wife's camera, that's assuming Jan will allow you to use it .
                    Yes she does if needed .and I still have the m3 and 55-250 stm which I’m keeping

Comment

Hi Jeff, just picked this up. So sorry to hear it, but I suppose it comes to all of us in the end. I'm lucky being still reasonably fit despite having a birthday yesterday that will be the last time I see a 7 in front of my age - I can still do 20 miles over Dartmoor.
                      Keep in touch with the Forum and lets see some pictures have always enjoyed your input.
                      Thanks for the advice you gave me recently to sort out a problem with my gear.
                      Best of luck in the future, take care
                      Per Mare Per Terram

Trev
                      Last edited by Trev B; 28-04-2018, 08:38.
                      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                      X