Flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr

Anyone else had an e-mail from Flickr etc. Cant quite see what one is to do, it said you have until the 25th May.
    Any of the Brains on here know.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: Flickr

That will be to do with GDPR which is a data privacy thing, i.e. they need your explicit permission to contact you via email, etc.

I also had an email about Smugmug stating "Nothing will change immediately with regard to your Flickr account."
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Chris, yes I gather that but can't see how you consent to there terms etc. Have had a lot of e-mails lately of the same type where you just ticked the box to agree to them contacting you. But there don't seem to be any means on this Smugmug/flickr e-mail
      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

I've don't think I've actually received anything from them re. GDPR yet so can't check the content but there could be assumed consent as you may be considered an "interested party".
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Reading it all again I Think if you do not agree to Smug mug agreement then you must delete your Flickr account by the 25th May
          All seems a bit strange perhaps I'm thick. Granddaughter who's 10 told me a few weeks ago "You're thick Gramp's" when I had a problem with the computer that she sorted in two minutes. When I went to school I don't think the word computer had been invented leave alone the item.
          Last edited by Trev B; 23-05-2018, 10:00.
          Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Ah, yes got that one, which is probably just a reminder of earlier statement. I'll just carry on as I am re. Flickr and hope I'll notice no changes under Smugmug for the foreseeable future.
            Chris

Comment

Inaction on your part is deemed to be consent.

If you want out, you need to do something.
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
              X