Lesser spotted Canon togger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesser spotted Canon togger

Here we can see (in hushed tones) the Lesser spotted Canon togger carefully setting up home for his young brood. After a cold wet winter, he has migrated to warmer climes, and here, you can see him, in all his breeding plumage, setting up in the hope of attracting a mate. All his useful material is displayed and he has even got a mounted board to his right, showing his favourite settings - the long migration may have affected his memory!

mikep by Robin M Jones, on Flickr

Re: Lesser spotted Canon togger

Brilliant......

David
    David

Comment

Right...

Having slept all winter, this Lesser Spotted Rob has now completed his willow bower, hoping (beyond all hope, but don't tell him) to attract a mate. Watch as he minces around performing his mating dance. He really should have practised more, but his advancing years have reduced him to what you see here, now not able to provide more interesting colouring, he has resorted to this rather drab showing. He should have gone to Specsavers... (private joke, Rob will understand!)

Rob dancing! by mikep_eos, on Flickr

P.S. Thanks for a great day, but be warned, I have more photos of you, so I suggest this ends here! lol
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I recognise the species in the first photo.
        Clearly the winter months have been unkind and the current wind and rain have ruffled his feathers.
        When he eventually migrates in my direction then I promise I'll get the feeder out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
          I recognise the species in the first photo.
          Clearly the winter months have been unkind and the current wind and rain have ruffled his feathers.
          When he eventually migrates in my direction then I promise I'll get the feeder out.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

No ginger hair and beards, no open toed sandals and socks, no hand knitted cardigans ......................... then by logical deduction, these fine specimens of manhood must be Canon users.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Well done Robin and Mike. I like them a lot. Adds quite a lot of humour to this forum. Both are also very sharp & good pics. Thanks for sharing. Has certainly made my day on this very wet and windy morning.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                Thanks for sharing. Has certainly made my day on this very wet and windy morning.
                How strange!

In Dorset we have our customary blue sky with little puff-ball white clouds. We do have some flooded fields, but all that stuff happens during the night ............... very convenient!

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Nice bit of humour from you both

It is immediatly noticable that neither of you look anything like your avatars, which is why Mike, we probably walked straight past each other at BWC. Mind you I dont look anything like a kingfisher either

Stan
                  Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                  flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    It is immediatly noticable that neither of you look anything like your avatars, which is why Mike, we probably walked straight past each other at BWC.
                    Well, for this trip I was wearing a different top and a hat, and wasn't wearing any sunglasses, but honest, I'm the same chap as in my avatar picture - but that was 5 years ago, and I think I've 'filled out' a little, if you know what I mean!

Cheers, Mike.
                    flickr

Comment

Well, for this trip I was wearing a different top and a hat, and wasn't wearing any sunglasses, but honest, I'm the same chap as in my avatar picture - but that was 5 years ago, and I think I've 'filled out' a little, if you know what I mean!
                      I wonder if Robin would say something similar about his

Stan
                      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                      flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X