Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big London meet, 19 August - results pt 1 of 2

Hi all

Myself and Rob (HHCanon) met up in London on Sunday for a very pleasant day's stroll! We met at Warwick Road tube station, and walked along Regents Canal, into Camden Market & Locks, visited St Pancras station, and ended up in Regents Park! It was quite hot and sunny with brief thunder and lightning, so a normal London summer's day really!

All shots taken handheld, using my 550D, 15-85 IS USM lens, mostly using AV mode, but no flash cover (sorry Nat, couldn't resist putting that in!)

Here's the first selection of shots (more to follow)...

I thought the reflection of trees with the engine oil from the boats caused a nice effect...
    1/100, f11, iso200, @32mm

Oil on the water - reflection by mikep_eos, on Flickr

After nearly 3/4 of a mile, we needed a coffee, so we stopped here. Note the sloping walkway on the left - used to be used by the horses as they walked round the canal tunnel we're sitting over. The tunnel is 272 mtrs long!
    1/30, f11, iso200, @32mm

Canal coffee stop by mikep_eos, on Flickr

A little bit of canal side humour...
    1/80, f11, iso200, @70mm

Mooring post smilie by mikep_eos, on Flickr

This set would not be complete without a canal boat...
    1/30, f11, iso400, @28mm

Canal boat by mikep_eos, on Flickr

Into Camden Market, and this chap was selling hand bags! (I'm not too good at candid yet, but I'll get there!)
    1/160, f11, iso400, @70mm

Hairy bloke by mikep_eos, on Flickr

then we caught one of those new high speed tube trains...
    1sec, f5.6, iso200, @19mm

High speed tube by mikep_eos, on Flickr

More to follow in pt 2.

I have also posted shots in the Panorama and Nature / Birds sections from this day's walk! You may wish to have a look!

C&C welcome!

Hope you enjoy them! All the best, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Re: The big London meet, 19 August - results pt 1 of 2

Looks like a very enjoyable day, looking forward to your's and Robin's next batch.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Some nice ones Mike. I liked the reflections in the water,the boat,the gent with the tatoo and something sprouting from his head- a very unusal fashion. Aye, I noted your comment. Well, till me meet one day!!
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hi Mike,

The pic's tell a good story, I like number 4 most, you have really caught the relaxation of life on a narrow boat, interesting that it is all the women at the front relaxing and having a natter and the men at the back doing all the work!!!

You have found a good candid subject in number 5 as well, what a hair style!! and his finger nails!!

Good spots with both of those in particular.

Regards Paul

Comment

Working...
        X