Hughenden Manor 1940's weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hughenden Manor 1940's weekend

This coming weekend (6th & 7th October) the National Trust property - Hughenden Manor - is once again holding it's 1940's weekend celebrating the time the Air Force took over the Manor during WWII and did all sorts of secret things with aerial photos of Germany which were then passed onto Bomber Command. The room where the aerial photos were processed is open and on display is the equipment that was used to process and scrutinize the aerial photos along with some of the actual photos.

The Wycombe Photographic Society is meeting on the Sunday (7th) at 11:00 at the National Trust tent to spend the day making the most of this event.
    This is an invitation to anyone who would like to come along and join us on Sunday you more than welcome.

I know there are a couple of members here who live in the area of Hughenden Manor so it would be nice to meet up with you

David
    David

Re: Hughenden Manor 1940's weekend

sounds like a great weekend, anything ww2 is of interest to me but living in Bournemouth its just a tad too far.enjoy what is going to be a weekend to remember.

Chris
    Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

It is indeed a great weekend and some of the shots taken at last year's event are still doing very well in competitions. Just need the weather to remain good.

David
      David

Comment

All the best for this one David I have a feeling that I will be at Moat Park one day this weekend and tied up the other so wont be able to make this event but would have liked to get ther to see my old stomping ground.

Comment

I enjoy 40s week ends although it was a long time before my time, otherwise engaged on these dates....
          My flickr http://flic.kr/ps/2g5eDa
          © JH Foto
          The word photography derives from the Greek φωτός (phōtos), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé)

Comment

well in competitions. Just need the weather to remain good.

----------------------------
            Listen! Your Heart Chooses to Vote for Our DVDs - Lost Seasons 1-6 DVD

Comment

Working...
            X