Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Focus on Imaginig

Originally posted by ChuckBrix View Post
    However I felt once again that Canon missed a PR opportunity. On the Nikon stand ( the Canon and Nikon stands are a similar large size) you could pick up a very strong paper carrier and there were brochures on every model they do, as a result every person you saw was a walking Nikon advert.
    And quite a few of them stuck in rubbish bins/disgarded etc so you could argue that has the negative effect. Mind you yesterday Canon were giving away canvas tote bags!

Biggest 'bargain' I saw was the 1D MkIII for £1299, though someone I mentioned it to at CPS gave me a look to indicate it wasn't such a great deal.

Will try a last hour visit today (as it's only £2.30's worth of train fare away), just to see if there's any moment on the 5/7D models.

It's an early Birthday present(only at the right price)
    C & C welcome on any of my images :)

Comment

Originally posted by scphoto View Post
      And quite a few of them stuck in rubbish bins/disgarded etc so you could argue that has the negative effect. Mind you yesterday Canon were giving away canvas tote bags!

Biggest 'bargain' I saw was the 1D MkIII for £1299, though someone I mentioned it to at CPS gave me a look to indicate it wasn't such a great deal.

Will try a last hour visit today (as it's only £2.30's worth of train fare away), just to see if there's any moment on the 5/7D models.

It's an early Birthday present(only at the right price)
      HI
      Yes and I bought one on the Sunday when they was £1499 gutted what a plonker, O well I will just have to see how I get on with it its only money lol

John.

Comment

You have to look on the bright side.

My MKIII cost me just over £2,600 and that was with a special discount from my pro dealer.

Bet you feel much better now?

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
          You have to look on the bright side.

My MKIII cost me just over £2,600 and that was with a special discount from my pro dealer.

Bet you feel much better now?

Colin
          Hi Colin
          Yes I know what you mean they went up even more after a bit, but mine is a Bstock one so you don't really no what its been through I would have liked the mk4 but its a bit to much at min will after wait until they come down a bit a lot lol, could you give me any advise on setting up the custom functions I shoot mainly aircraft is there anything that's a must thanks.

John.

Comment

The first thing that springs to mind is that aircraft present the same problems as birds in flight. Because they are moving around in relation to the prevailing light, if you use the front button to expose and track, you will be committed to the exposure when you first started tracking. Much better to separate the two functions and track with the rear button and only take up first pressure on the front button just before you are ready to shoot.

Slow down the tacking speed from medium, to medium slow. That way if another aircraft flies in front, or your target aircraft disapears briefly behind some foreground object, the tracking will not automatically try to shift to the nearest object.

I found I got more keepers slowing the high speed motor drive down to 8fps, rather than 10fps.

Other than that, here are the settings that I have changed from the factory defaults:

C.Fn I.2 Iso increments changed to 1-stop. (intermediate settings up to iso 1600 are noisier with 1/3 increments)
            C.Fn III.2 Change tracking to medium slow.
            C.Fn III.5 Focus search off. (better to manuall re-acquire the target)
            C.Fn III.7 Micro adjust by lens
            C.Fn III.8 Enable surrounding AF assist points
            C.Fn III.10 Enable switch to registered AF point
            C.Fn III.12 On when focus achieved
            C.Fn III.13 Brighter
            C.Fn III.16 Enable (changed to 8fps for high speed and kept at 5fps for low speed)
            C.Fn IV.1 3: Ae lock metering + AF start
            C.Fn IV.13 Enable
            C.Fn IV.16 Enable

In the "Star" register custom functions, I have included the following in the order that I most use them.

Format
            Flash sync speed in Av mode
            White Balance
            LCD brightness
            AF microadjustment

Other than that:

Colour space sRGB
            Picture style Standard
            Image size RAW
            Review time 8 Secs
            Beep Off
            Highlight alert disable
            AF point display enable
            Histogram Brightness
            Enlarge diplay Centre
            Auto power off 2 mins
            File numbering continuous
            Auto rotate on

Firmware Version 1.2.5

That lot should point you in the right direction .................. enjoy.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

HI Colin
              That's great of you mate thanks a lot will buy you a pint if we ever meet, will give it ago and thanks again that as really helped me out cheers.

John.

Comment

That's what we are here for John, help each other out and a bit of friendly banter along the way.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Working...
                X