Anyone fancy another try for a meet at the BWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone fancy another try for a meet at the BWC

We tried to meet up before but the weather beat us so the suggestion I put forward was to try again in mid / end April,.

Does anyone fancy another go and if so what dates would work? I am free any weekend apart from the first and last in the month.

This is the URL for the BWC http://www.britishwildlifecentre.co.uk/

Re: Anyone fancy another try for a meet at the BWC

Muscat, sounds a plan, however, I am not available until after the 18th April

David
    David

Comment

I'd certainly like to try.

Colin
      Colin

Comment

I'm up for another attempt, having missed the last 2!

I can currently make all Saturdays (except 2nd) but no Sundays in April!
        Last edited by mikep; 26-03-2011, 21:45. Reason: diary filling up fast!
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Ok it looks as if the favourite date so far would be St Georges day the 23rd April directly after Good Friday if not I have managed to get an reprieve and can also make Saturday the 30th the day after the big wedding.

Which if either date works best for people? 23rd or 30th?

If neither of these days work we are into May

Comment

I'm happy with both 23rd and 30th. For the sake of putting an exact date down, I'll put the 23rd in the pot as the one to go for. Reason - it's earlier, so if bad weather hits, we get another chance, and the winter coats will have had 1 less week to disappear!

All the best, Mike.
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Unfortunately, I am booked both of the long weekends already (aside from the day of the royal wedding), so I can't be there unfortunately. Will look out for for the next meet-up.
              David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
              All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

As the suggested meet up is in 10 days time i was wondering if there are people who are still interested in going to the BWC on the 23rd

Comment

going to be out on 23rd, so I'll have to pass this time. Hope to meet up on the next one.
                  David

EOS 1000D EFS18-55mm, EF 75-300mm, Kenko DG Extension Tubes

Please bare with me on replies to your comments as my work commitments keep me away from here during the week.
                  All of your comments and advice are gratefully received and appreciated though

Comment

Hi

I've have the 23rd in the diary for BWC for a while, so I'm going regardless of whether anyone else is (but weather dependant!). It would be great to finally meet up with at least some of the forum guys as well!

Anyone else up for it? It seems the usual is to meet wherever they serve tea and coffee, so as they have a coffee shop, that's were I'll start! I'll try and be there from 10:00!

Hope to meet a few of you there! All the best, Mike
                    flickr

Comment

Thanks for the note Mike, weather permitting I planned on being in the coffee shop around 10:00 so hope to see you there

Comment

Update. www.weather.com shows a nice day, bbc weather shows thunderstorms! Based on previous experience with bbc weather site, I'm still hopeful!

When I get up Saturday, I'll look out the window... if there's some blue sky visible, I'm going regardless! If it's thunder and lightning, I'll wait and see if it clears up! Still fully intend being there on Saturday.

Hope to see someone else there, but if not, I'm intent on having a nice day out!

All the best, Mike
                        flickr

Comment

I plan on doing the same thing, traffic permitting I anticpate being in the coffee shop as near to 10 as I can

Comment

Mike and I made it to the BWC today it was very sunny and hot. We must have been lucky as we saw most of the animals and managed to grab some pictures of quite a few. Mike's pictures of the Adders are far better than mine so he will post them along with some of his other shots. The following are a sample of someof my shots

Polecat

Havest Mouse

Otters

I want that nut

Red Squirrel

Herrons

Comment

Lovely pictures - I wish I could have been there with you
                              ef-r

Comment

Working...
                              X