Severn Valley Railway 1940's Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severn Valley Railway 1940's Weekend

I've never been before but have been told it's well worth going to! I'm planning on visiting on Sunday 26th, I'm told that Kidderminster is a good place to start the day. There are two car parks adjacent to the station, both are ‘pay & display’.

Costumed re-enactors, 1940’s displays, replica 1940’s
    homes, Dig for Victory allotment, historic vehicles sales stands, period entertainment, fashion show, a wedding and
    even a battle! An action packed day out with visitors returning year after year.

Re: Severn Valley Railway 1940's Weekend

Originally posted by Photofocus View Post
    I've never been before but have been told it's well worth going to! I'm planning on visiting on Sunday 26th, I'm told that Kidderminster is a good place to start the day. There are two car parks adjacent to the station, both are ‘pay & display’.

Costumed re-enactors, 1940’s displays, replica 1940’s
    homes, Dig for Victory allotment, historic vehicles sales stands, period entertainment, fashion show, a wedding and
    even a battle! An action packed day out with visitors returning year after year.
    Hi
    There's a very large car park at Kiddy' about £3 for the day and no wardens as Severn Valley own it. You will have a great day there, I'm in Canada so will miss, go to the museum at Highley and take a trip up the cliff railway at Bridgnorth-just walk over the Bridge at station. turn right and on your left.
    Have a good day you will have plenty to photo'
    Graham
    Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

Ive been to lots of 1940s weekends at Haworth , Bury and Pickering..theres lots of great shots to be had and most are more then happy to pose for you..have a great day and post some of you images.

Peter
      There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by codachrome View Post
        Ive been to lots of 1940s weekends at Haworth , Bury and Pickering..theres lots of great shots to be had and most are more then happy to pose for you..have a great day and post some of you images.

Peter
        Wow, I live and work within an hour of Pickering and never knew about such a weekend, then I googled it. There are a number of sites related that come up but of those I've seen this ones the best to show the photo opportunities available. It's a photographers paradise by the look of it. http://www.glendalehouse.co.uk/pages/wartime.htm.

Hope you enjoy Severn Valley's show, bit too far for me but definitely attending Pickerings show which for those interested appears to be on 14th, 15th and 16th of October.

Steve
        EOS 400D, EOS 40D, EOS 7D
        EF 24-105L F4 IS, EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS, EF 50mm MK11

Comment

[
          Hope you enjoy Severn Valley's show, bit too far for me but definitely attending Pickerings show which for those interested appears to be on 14th, 15th and 16th of October.

Steve[/QUOTE]

I may see you there if I can get over.

Peter
          There will be times when you will be in the field without a camera. And, you will see the most glorious sunset or the most beautiful scene that you have ever witnessed. Don't be bitter because you can't record it. Sit down, drink it in, and enjoy it for what it is!

Comment

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm certainly looking forward to the day out I just hope the weather holds still the 7D's pretty good in the wet anyway!

Comment

Working...
            X