500px photos now too large!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500px photos now too large!

Can't post photos from 500px anymore? get error saying source file is too large. There is no way to change the size, is this a result of the recent updates? are we now bound to only use flickr only?
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: 500px photos now too large!

The maximum image size for attachments remains unchanged at 800 x 800px. I have increased the maximum file size. Does that help? Make sure the images have a .JPEG or .JPG extension.

If you continue to have problems, send me the image file by e-mail and I will take a look.
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Heres one from 500px, still not right, when you click onto the insert image link it puts it in as an attachment? it appears as this, ATTACH=CONFIG]6432[/ATTACH I have removed the first [ and last] so it shows. Also the attachment doesn't open to full size, or link you to the source.

If you then do it a second time and you get the [img] extensions which is good but the image is still not big enough. bottom one.

3.jpg

Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Can you send me the file by e-mail?
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Hope you don't mind, testing with your 500px photo (it's very good), what it looks like is when you press the insert image button and you have 2 options From computer and From URL if you choose the URL version there's a check box that is checked for Retrieve remote file and reference locally if you uncheck that option it will call it directly from 500px.net such as:

Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Comment

this is a test.
            Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Comment

Test 3, image hosted on 500px with link to image page:

Comment

Working...
              X