Poll: Have you been effected by the '503' error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a number of people who suffer from this problem when try to post. I gather Robert is lacking enough information to do a trending analysis as part of a Root Cause Analysis. So anyone who hasn't reported this problem ... now might be an opportune time.

See http://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/sh...133#post114133

[If you respond to this poll as having been effected can you provide details about the OS(s) and browser(s) you have tried together with version numbers. Also if the post contains links to say Flickr etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by George Bear; 27-11-2012, 13:04.

Re: Poll: Have you been effected by the '503' error

Sorry clicked the wrong option should have been number 2 not number 1.

Always when I post an external link normal posts are OK. Doesn't matter what browser I use Win 7 64bit.
    --
    Colin
    http://fotos-espana.com
    http://macameraclub.com
    http://turnspain.com

Comment

I use mac 10.7 and load the pictures from flickr, my problems are intermittent.
      Raj
      Raj
      Flickr

Comment

I'm using mac 10.8, firefox browser, and upload from photobucket. I voted only the once, but now I'm thinking that was awhile ago.

John

Comment

I use Mac 10.7.5 and Photobucket and have never had the 503 error.
          Colin

Comment

I use my Iphone 5 on tapatlk and never had a 503 error.

Shane.

Comment

I only had the 503 once (although for several attempts during an hour or so, late at night UK time).

PC, Win 7 32bit, home premium, all updates and SP's applied. Firefox (latest version at the time - I think 16.1?). Didn't try on IE, although I should have thought of that... but it was 1am!

Mike
              flickr
              5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I think I have had the error on 3 separate occassions but not since Robert made the recent mods to the servers.

When I have been hit with the problem it has been consistent for me accross 3 separate PCs using 2 different variants of Windows 7 and one on Vista, also accross various browsers, IE 9, Firefox 16.1, Safari 5.1.7 (running on Windows). The problem for me typically started mid to late afternoon and lasted until the next day. (looked to me that the problem started when the US woke up)

Comment

Comes and goes. Typical system is Windows7 (all SP's, updates and hotfixes). Firefox 16.1 / IE9.

Yes there are links to Flickr but its just worked.

Comment

Windows Vista Home Premium. 32bit operating system. Mozilla Firefox 16.0.2 (or the one before because its just updated.) Avast antivirus. Links from flickr. Never had the 503 problem - please don't hate me.
                    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                    Di's Flickr

Comment

I get the error from time to time, it seems to last for days. I had the error using Windows 7 64 bit, but also get it now with Windows 8 64 bit. I've tried assorted web browsers and still suffered the 503.
                      Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                      http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                      https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

I have never had the problem but I will keep an eye on this as I have just started using a Mac for my photos and music and so will be uploading from here instead.
                        Canon 6D & 7D | Light Room + CS6 |
                        EF 70-300L | EF 100 Macro | EF 24-105L | EF17-40L | Canon EF 50mm

Comment

I get the problem occasionally. When it hits (I usually post in the evening) it will never work that evening and I tried once in the early hours still no joy. Usually works the next morning. Always works when not posting images.

Google Chrome 23, Win7. 32 bit. Avast. post from Flickr.

Dave
                          www.trikietowers.com

Comment

Mac 10.8 safari and chrome
                            Windows 7 and vista with ie and safari

Yes I have allot of stuff. :-)
                            Canon 600d
                            Canon Ef 24-105mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM,
                            Speedlight 430 EX II, B+W 110 10 stop Screw in ND

Comment

Have tried everything to post an image, mac, windows pc, iPad, iPhone, and am unable to post from flickr or 500px, although in the last few days it allowed me once to post a pic, on the other 503 error thread, so went to post the pictures I wanted to and error back again and can't post again. Its very frustrating. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
                              Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X