General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Chat

Will there be a general chat area introduced anytime?
    Canon 5D & 40D, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200L f4 IS, Canon 135L f2

Re: General Chat

Originally posted by chrisforshaw View Post
    Will there be a general chat area introduced anytime?
    Do you mean an off-topic category for non-photographic discussions? Personally, I'd prefer to keep the forum focused (sorry!) on EOS and related subjects. There are many other forums available for general chat. What do other members think?

Robert
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I think it's good to have an area to just waffle in.

Comment

General chat area needed also chaps...
        Canon EOS 5D, 20D & 450D

Comment

I think that one of the things that made the old forum such a nice place, was that it also had a general chat area. We could talk about everything, just like friends, and there were many topics which helped members with other things than photography. I think that was great.

However I see your point Robert, because sometimes it went a little bit too far, and in periods the old forum lost focus on what it really was about, EOS photography.

Al together I would like to see a general chat area, but a more disciplined one than it was last time.

Comment

I really miss the off topic section from the old forum. There were some great jokes upon there that I enjoyed reading; sometimes several times over. I never saw anything offensive in there; and there was some good social camaradie amongst it. I don't think it detracted from the purpose of the site at all, and I'd like to see it back. It was certainly well used, both by contributers and viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
              Do you mean an off-topic category for non-photographic discussions? Personally, I'd prefer to keep the forum focused (sorry!) on EOS and related subjects. There are many other forums available for general chat. What do other members think?

Robert
              I also would like to see an 'off topic' category in this forum. It always supplied a little light relief after reading lots and lots of other threads/posts.

Come on Robert - think again.
              John

Comment

Please give us an "Off-Topic" area. Previously it was a great place to get to better know everyone on the forum. It was lots of fun too!
                Dave

Comment

Double Post - Ignore

Why Not?
                  Bob Turner
                  Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

How do Bob!.....he said straying OT!

I'm sort of prone to wander as the fancy takes me....

Graeme

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme View Post
                      How do Bob!.....he said straying OT!

I'm sort of prone to wander as the fancy takes me....

Graeme
                      Aye Graeme,

Good to see so many faces from the previous forum. Weren't you 'Ayr1' before or was it plain-old 'AGW'?

One thing I can't find is the 'All unread posts' button from the previous version. I found that very useful.
                      Bob Turner
                      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

0n a video site I visit there is a category called "the pub"just for of topic seems to work OK
                        Ben

Comment

I think we are here because of an interest in photography and own EOS equipment.

However I agree with the others, an off topic would be good, gives members a chance to know each other better.
                          shoot the Canon

http://www.twpc.org.uk/

Comment

Yep - agree we could do with a general chit chat area - the Lounge? The Bar ?

How about it Robert? :-)

Martin

Comment

Working...
                            X