Forum Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Connection

Anyone else having problems connecting to the forum? It's been a bit slow for a few days now and this evening it's taking ten seconds or so for every forum page, hanging at 'waiting for www.statcounter.com' or 'connecting to www.statcounter.com.'

All other web pages are ok.

I'm running Firefox and the current download speed is 9.1mb

Gerry

Re: Forum Connection

Originally posted by Greecian View Post
    Anyone else having problems connecting to the forum? It's been a bit slow for a few days now and this evening it's taking ten seconds or so for every forum page, hanging at 'waiting for www.statcounter.com' or 'connecting to www.statcounter.com.'

All other web pages are ok.

I'm running Firefox and the current download speed is 9.1mb

Gerry
    Gerry, glad you asked the question as I thought that it was just me. The "Latest Posts" have been noticeably slow in loading the last couple of days whereas other sites no problem. I am also using Firefox and use Windows 7.
    David

Comment

Hi Guys;

FWIW - loads AOK for me in both Firefox & IE8... No noticeable difference in speed of use...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I'm still getting problems with this, it takes 20- 30 seconds to enter the forum and the same for each subsequent page. The message in the lower left corner of my screen reads as before, 'connecting to wwwstatcounter'. My internet connection is OK (10.1 Mb this morning) & there are no problems with other websites

I'm running Firefox 3.6.3 with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

I don't really want to change my browser.

Would anyone from admin care to comment please?

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
          Hi Guys;

FWIW - loads AOK for me in both Firefox & IE8... No noticeable difference in speed of use...
          No problems here either - IE8 + Win7 using BT Wireless BB - I wonder what/who 'Statcounter' is??
          Bob Turner
          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

No problems here either, IE8 over t-mobile wireless...
            EOS 1DX, EOS 5D mkiii, EOS 7D, EF 17-40mm f4 L USM, EF 24-70mm f2.8 L II USM, EF 70-200mm f2.8 L II IS USM, EF 50mm f1.2 L, EF-S 60mm f2.8 Macro USM, Speedlite 580EX

Comment

Whatever it was, it seems to have cleared itself up...now everything is instant!

Thanks Guys!

Gerry

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
                I wonder what/who 'Statcounter' is??
                Big Brother is watching you! Click here... !
                I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
                Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Sluggishness is back.....Looks like 'statcounter.com' wants a cup of coffee tipped in it!

Gerry

Comment

Apologies to anyone experiencing slow page loads. I don't know the reason for this, but will look into it.

Statcounter is software we use to collect data relating to the use of the forum site - peak activity periods, browsers used, average length of time people stay on the site, and so on. The information helps us to improve the functionality of the site. We don't collect or store personal data.

As mentioned in previous posts, you can find out more about Statcounter, and what it does, at http://www.statcounter.com
                    Last edited by Robert Scott; 05-04-2010, 11:51.
                    Robert
                    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                      Apologies to anyone experiencing slow page loads. I don't know the reason for this, but will look into it.

Statcounter is software we use to collect data relating to the use of the forum site - peak activity periods, browsers used, average length of time people stay on the site, and so on. The information helps us to improve the funtionality of the site. We don't collect or store personal data.

As mentioned in previous posts, you can found out more about Statcounter, and what it does, at http://www.statcounter.com
                      Thankyou Robert. The problem come & goes, it's fine now but first thing the connection was 10 seconds or so.

Gerry

Comment

Thankyou Robert. The problem come & goes, it's fine now but first thing the connection was 10 seconds or so.

Gerry
                        Getting the same problem myself using Firefox 3.6 or Safari on a Mac with Leopard installed. As Gerry says - it comes and goes.

jhdee
                        jhdee

Comment

Originally posted by jhdee View Post
                          Getting the same problem myself using Firefox 3.6 or Safari on a Mac with Leopard installed. As Gerry says - it comes and goes.

jhdee
                          I'm still getting problems with this....it hangs at 'statcounter', 20-30 seconds for each page this morning. All other sites are OK.

Gerry

Comment

I'm still getting problems with this....it hangs at 'statcounter', 20-30 seconds for each page this morning. All other sites are OK. Gerry
                            Thanks for the continued feedback. I'm currently following this up with StatCounter. In the meantime if anyone else is having similar problems, please add a post with details of your operating system and browser. Thanks.
                            Robert
                            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I've noticed the site is a lot slower loading if antispyware or security software / settings attempt to block statcounter.

This intrusive little cookie seems impossible to block so it's best to allow it for a quicker load.

My antispyware software clears out around 10 counter cookies a day !

Comment

Working...
                              X