Todays method of uploading from Flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays method of uploading from Flickr

I wanted to document how I managed to upload via Flickr, completed the post including adding the "how to" images and I then got the PHP issue. I will post this and then edit it to add the content. To be continued....
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Todays method of uploading from Flickr

Oh,that's just what I keep getting - I have even tried altering Flickr's language to French - as suggested in theiri Forum, but still get this PHP problem! (They all end up in my downloads file)

I followed your instructions and managed to get one post to work earlier today.

Comment

Rather than trying to include snipped images of Flickr interface for each of the steps which seemed to give me the PHP issue. I decided just to write the actions hopefully you should be able to decipher the method should you wish to try it.

1. Upload your image to your photo-stream or chose an existing image in your stream.
      2. When viewing your chosen individual image click the three circles icon.
      3. From the drop down menu chose download/all sizes
      4. At the next window chose "View all sizes" not the download button.
      5. You should now see your image under a heading Photo/All sizes from the size field chose the size of image you want to post on the forum.
      6. Right click your image and chose "Copy" image.

Then at the point in your post where you wish to place that image use Ctrl V (or Cmd V on a Mac) to paste the image in to you post. It did work for me on another forum and another post on here LINK but sadly not in this post!.

Oh well back to the drawing board
      Last edited by ST-EOS; 22-04-2014, 17:29. Reason: Typo fixed
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I have just tried to post from Pbotobucket which seems quite straightforward, but got the same php fault, so assume that it is something to do with the Forum. Now I remember why I have not posted here for ages!

Comment

I am still having the same problem, I have just tried to post 2 images - the first one came up fine in PREVIEW, but when I tried to add the 2nd I got the dialogue about downloading a 'new thread php' yet again. Flickr and Photobucket seem to get the same reaction

Comment

There's a much better way that Flickr recommend.

With your picture selected select the "Share" button (the one with the arrow coming out of the rectangle).
            Select "BB Code"
            Select the size of image you want from the drop down list
            Copy the highlighted text
            Paste that code directly into your post - you don't need to select the "Insert Image" icon

Attached Files
            Last edited by Norman; 01-05-2014, 11:20.
            Regards ,
            Norman

Comment

Yep this is method I've been using for posting recently and it works fine.
              Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Have been having success recently using that method, except that I am using the French Flickr as it has the previous Flickr configuration still and I find that easier to use!

Comment

Working...
                X