Wild life photos- Sub divisions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wild life photos- Sub divisions.

Sometimes a serious debate needs a little light hearted humour to brighten it up Nat. No offense meant, and I hope none taken.
    Paul

Comment

Paul, I certainly do not take any offence but I thought that the light hearted humour was taking the thread away from what it is intended to do- to make it a bit better IMHO.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I assumed the thread had come to its natrual end Nat - hence my attemp at some fun - sorry
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Cheer up Ian. No problem. One never knows who might next comment and hence my comment!
          Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

I was going to comment on your comment nat but due to there being someting on t.v that took my mind off it I can't remember what my comment on your comment was going to be ,hmmm is a iced bun a cake or a biscuit .anyway got to go benidorms on soon LOL

Comment

So is a tortoise a captive animal as the body lives inside the shell. Same could be said for a Hermit Crab
              David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
                So is a tortoise a captive animal as the body lives inside the shell. Same could be said for a Hermit Crab
                a Hermit Crab is free to change its shell whereas an esiotroT isnt
                Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Originally posted by 2Beers View Post
                  a Hermit Crab is free to change its shell whereas an esiotroT isnt
                  So a tortoise is a captive whereas a Hermit Crab is free range... but free range eggs are pre chickens but are also captive
                  Oh my head is hurting
                  David

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                    Cheer up Ian. No problem. One never knows who might next comment and hence my comment!
                    maybe a way forward for both you & Richard would be to start a new thread and insert a poll asking members to vote Yes or No, this way both of you will be able to see at a glance if members agree with you and will cut out discussion as it does seem to have come to the end of its life - I'm pretty sure you can't insert a poll now.
                    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Sorry, I guess that's my fault as the thread went way off after my Belgian bun post. I'll keep my mouth shut if you create a poll.
                      Paul

Comment

Hi! folks. Not to worry about the jokes as it is all part of the good humour that exists in this forum. It removes the "sting", even if no "sting" is present or intended Even without starting a yes/no poll, Robert can see those who are in favour of a sub-division that will create more interest in the "nature photography" section and those who will keep the present status quo. The main purpose of my thread was to give a bit more "bite"/interest. It is also possible for Robert to give this sub-division a TRIAL PERIOD and see how it goes.

Comment

I really can't see it creating more interest Nat. If people are interested then they will interact anyway.
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by planetc View Post
                            I really can't see it creating more interest Nat. If people are interested then they will interact anyway.
                            Paul, I am of the view that it will create more interest. Any country has got real wild life and one need not go to Africa and other places to see and photograph them. In UK ,we have the deer roaming around, the wild ponies for example, and the Golden Eagle and other birds of prey freely flying about.

Comment

Maybe, but most of us don't go out to take photographs to suit the forum structure, we share what we take in whichever section fits. I have taken a few bird pictures this week, following some superb shares here, which is totally out of character for me. The forum structure has no bearing on it though.
                              Paul

Comment

I try to look at all submissions - irrespective of current category. Changing the category structure will not change my approach to reading this forum. This is irrespective of it being sport, wildlife, macro, transport - or whatever.

David

Comment

Working...
                                X