No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is driving me around the twist.

Each time I log in, I am shown in the on line list at the bottom of the home page, but in all other respects the forum behaves as if I am off line.

Only after I have tried to reply to a post which results in me having to log in again does the forum accept me.

I have tried <ctrl>F5 and deleting cookies.

I am running IE7 on a fully up to date XP sp3 platform.

Firefox does the same thing as did Chrome while I was trying that.

Help!
    Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Re: Log in problems

I've checked your settings and everything seems fine from this end. Is anyone else having similar problems?
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Actually over the last week or so everything has been fine. Even better the forum is now "remembering" me and logging me as it should, in the past I had to always log in even though I had selected "remember me"

I use Firefox, Windows 7 on a Dell XPS as well as IE 8 and XP SP2 on a laptop

David
      Last edited by djguk47; 26-11-2010, 10:53.
      David

Comment

I'm on a IE7 XP SP3 machine right now with no problems at all... There was a period in the past when that happened to me; but no problems on this front for a long while now...

UPDATE - Apologies, this m/c is running IE8...
        I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I am fine on Win7 (64bit) and Firefox.3.6.12
          ef-r

Comment

I'm now on a W7 m/c and having the same problem; I login, and the login doesn't appear to take... I see the message bar "If this is your first visit..."

However, the forum allows me to post a message, and then the 'new user' bar goes away!!!!!
            I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
            Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
              I'm now on a W7 m/c and having the same problem; I login, and the login doesn't appear to take... I see the message bar "If this is your first visit..."

However, the forum allows me to post a message, and then the 'new user' bar goes away!!!!!
              This is what I had up until about a week or so ago, now no problems logs me in every time.
              ah I wonder if it is because when I finish I do not log out but close Firefox and have it save the tabs I had open. However, have always done it this way even when I had the "annoyance".

David
              David

Comment

It's getting worse (with Firefox anyway). I now have to log in between replies/posts and it will let me do this twice then I cannot log in at all.
                Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Working...
                X