Auto-display EXIF data from hotlinked images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-display EXIF data from hotlinked images

Is it possible for eos-magazine-forum to scrape EXIF data and display them?

Specific to

- Camera model
    - Lens model
    - f-number
    - shutter speed
    - ISO sensitivity
    - etc

Then an opt-in for GPS coordinates as some users like myself take the extra effort to embed this data in post to show on mapping platforms like Google Maps?
    Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

Unfortunately the EXIF data is removed from the photos by the forum software as there is a risk of people deliberately including malicious code in the EXIF data fields to attack the site, so to prevent that possibility all data is stripped at the point of upload.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinEOS View Post
      Unfortunately the EXIF data is removed from the photos by the forum software as there is a risk of people deliberately including malicious code in the EXIF data fields to attack the site, so to prevent that possibility all data is stripped at the point of upload.
      Not to question your premise but has there been a proof of concept attack of this? I ask as I want to learn more.
      Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

Comment

Maybe not, but it's something done by the forum software base coding, so they must consider it to be sufficiently a high enough risk to block any risk from it.

The problem these days is there are far to many people who wish to cause problems with online sites, by exploiting any way in so any potential risky areas tend to be blocked now.

If you wish to see full EXIF data, you need to post it to photo sharing sites such as Flikr and others where that data is available to be shown.

Comment

Working...
        X